Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi just picked up a minty 2012 1100 evo. I also have an ss1000ds which is down for some work. The ss engine really works for me, and I thought the evo would be more of the same... only more!
And I now understand the Monster. This thing is KILLER! Loving the riding position.
That's it for now and looking forward to getting to know the Monster community and my evo!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Nice bike & welcome to the board. Agree on the riding position. I picked up a 2012 796 in January. So nice not to be hunched over anymore. Looks damn clean. How many miles?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, she is minty! Got her with 8500km... maybe 5500 miles? Gave her a solid detail when I first rolled her in(probably right before that pic!) and I don't think this thing was ever ridden in anger. I honestly don't think it ever left the city( a starbucks machine...). When I first got it the clutch adj was all buggered. It wanted to stall and would pull when in gear. The last owner must have hated this thing! And the front end rebound was almost cranked. lol. An hour of tinkering and it is a different animal. (and yes, the guy had lots of recent receipts for maintenance. From the dealer).
Just need to sort the <4000rpm fuelling and get the susp. completely sorted. Oh ya, and get some db killers put in(p.o. didn't have them). This thing is just too loud! And obnoxiously loud decel popping(although related to fueling...). I guess I am getting old.
But seriously, I am loving this thing.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I had to source the db killers from Italy. For some reason, they were hard to find. The sound is perfect with them. Fueling does get better with miles I feel. If not, do a Rexxer tiube.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts