Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made up a couple of these for my own bike but thought others might be interested as well. The object is to eliminate that exposed threaded hole left when you put bar end mirrors on your bike. The quantity we make will dictate the pricing so once I find if anyone is interested I can tell you how much they are going to be. Thay are machined out of genuine aircraft grade aluminum. The finished product will be black anodized. As you will see in the pictures they have not been anodized yet. These are for 22.3mm bar (.877") diameters but can be made for other bar sizes as well. I have other pictures I can e-mail you as well. This picture shown the new aluminum clamp next to the original one on the bike.

Thanks for looking.

t.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Nice idea and I sorry to rain on your parade...there is already a stock Hypermotard part like that. The ones I saw were finished the same color and shade as the ones on my S4Rs.

Then again you can always turn it up side down, or ....as I do, use it to hold my expanding ear plugs when I take them out...

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice idea and I sorry to rain on your parade...there is already a stock Hypermotard part like that. The ones I saw were finished the same color and shade as the ones on my S4Rs.

Then again you can always turn it up side down, or ....as I do, use it to hold my expanding ear plugs when I take them out...
No sweat. These will be higher quality, cheaper, and we can anodize in 5 different colors. Thanks for the post.

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I should also mention that if anyone has any ideas on other products they would like to see developed you can post here or PM me if you want to keep the idea confidential. We already have a number of other products we are going to be putting up on here to see if they "fly".
Cheers!
t.

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
We will have a limited number of these available to DML members for $30.00 per pair. The parts should be ready in about 1 week and will have a black anodize finish.

Also, on a side note another member suggested possibly flipping the stock clamps over so the threaded hole would point down. We tried this and found it creates a significant pull on the wiring in that area. Especially on the throttle side. This may never be a problem but I wouldn't recommend it. We also considered the possibility of using the threaded hole to store earplugs in. When we tried this the rust and debris inside the threaded hole ended up on the earplug. I'm not a doctor but I didn't want to stick them back in my ears after that.

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
They're here ...

We have 15 pairs (30 pieces) available to DML members only at this time for $30.00 per pair + S&H. We can accept PayPal or Credit Card only at this time. You can PM me with your shipping info if using PayPal or contact us directly for Credit Card purchases. For security reasons please do not PM or e-mail your credit card info. You can retrieve our contact info from the web site listed in my signature.

Enjoy.

t.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I am definitely interested, will they fit Rizoma Conical bars?
If your stock clamps and hardware fit then these should fit too. They are a direct replacement for the stock clamps that fit 22mm handlebars. I am using the bars from Suburban Machinery and they work with those as well.

hth,
t.

·
Registered
7 Posts
CRG's

I have some CRG bar end mirrors for sale if anyone is interested.
I am not trying to high jack this thread. Safari will not open the classified page here.

John

1 - 20 of 39 Posts