Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Santa was good to me and my new M695:

- Heavy Cycles rear LED light. OMFG this thing is bright! [clap] I've never seen the cheaper ones to compare, but this unit literally paints the road red. I think I counted 54 LEDs on the circuit board, all of the square automotive-grade wide-angle type, plus three small LEDs on the backside (plate light?). Very nice construction. Two thumbs up on this one.

- LTs maintenance manual. Good stuff for sure!

- DP bike cover. Should do the trick. Sure is light weight.

- Rizoma Class mirrors (inspired by HyperM3). Love the look and the build quality. Much less blur than than the stock units, and nice large viewing area. Maybe even reduced bar vibration due to the added weight? Unfortunately I get a fantastic view of my elbows with these, but at least I can bend my arm and look under my armpit to see what's behind. After a few hours of seat time I think I'm getting used to them, but the elbow thing could be a problem for me. [update below - much better now].

- License plate relocator. Much improved back end!

That'll do it for now, but I do have my eye on some CRG levers and a rear stand...

BK

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Re: goodies for the M695

Glad my bike was inspiration! In terms of setting them, they are very user friendly multipositional. Theres a lot of hinges you can set so you can see around your elbow. For me, I have mine set a bit lower but i just tuck my arms into my side and I see the whole lane on either side behind me.

·
Premium Member
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Yes, the Class mirrors have lots of adjustability so I need to do a little more experimenting. I have a shoulder issue that makes it painful to tuck my right elbow in right now. I rode again today and I do love the image these mirrors produce. I also forgot to plug PJs Parts - good price and service.

I'll work on getting some pics of the Heavy Cycles rear light. I was checking it out in full sun today and I'm still blown away.

BK

·
Premium Member
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Just like Alex said, I rotated the adapters out a bit and lowered the mirrors and now I can see around my elbows quite well. That small change makes a big difference. Also, in contrast to the stock mirrors, I get a decent view when I'm tucked in at speed. I'm really getting attached to these things. No regrets. [thumbsup]

BK

·
Premium Member
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

You'll probably need to get in touch with Joe at Heavy Cycles. They cater mainly to the Harley crowd from what I can tell, but I believe that Monster lights are close enough to the Buell to work (perfect fit, actually). I had to inquire by email and phone multiple times over several weeks. Some units were in stock just prior to Christmas. They don't seem to be eager to sell them, but it's worth the effort because the product is top-notch! Motowheels also apparently carries them when available, so that might be another source to check out. Pics are on the way as soon as I get my act together....

BK

·
Registered
1,022 Posts

Looking good [thumbsup] Now get those stickers off the frame ;D

·
Premium Member
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Stickers are now off the frame!

I had read here that sticker removal can be a real chore, so I was prepared for a fight. I made a feeble start last night, but I decided to postpone until today. Well, after the stickers warmed up from a 2hr ride those babies peeled right off in 60 seconds flat! [clap] Having them warm made all the difference. Another tip is to "blot" the remaining residue with the sticky side of the just-removed sticker. The minimal residue that remained on the frame was easily removed with 3M adhesive cleaner. Had I known it was so easy I would not have waited so long [laugh] The old stickers found a new home under the seat, near the emissions stickers.

Thanks for prompting me to finally get it done....

BK

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.