DUCMONROB said:
A nice smile and Breasts! ;D
Hey there Ducmonrob?

Come on!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [thumbsup]

Egas

·
Registered
385 Posts
Pretty happy with Axle's here in Canberra. Stuck a set of Pilot Road2's on the S2R1k yesterday. Ended up charging me less than they quoted me on the phone & when I first went in to speak to them about it. Dropped what they were doing so they could stick the tyres on for me within my lunchbreak, even acetoned them for me (which I've never had any other bike shop do for me, usually done it myself).

Only complaint, they need some new magazines for by the couch. Newest was 2005!

·
Registered
35 Posts
dragonworld said:
Well here is a result of crappy service, not maintaining standards and not playing the distributors game. We in Victoria now have one less Ducati dealer. Moto-One apparently has lost its Ducati Dealeship for the above mentioned reasons. :(
They kept losing all their good staff and the service was getting very crappy so I guess they only brought it upon themselves.
The big losers are not only the staff that care but the customers who have to now go to Ringwood or into almost the CBD. In some cases (like mine) its a 40-50K ride to town or about 30K to Ringwood. :'(
The moral I guess is as far as the shop owners are concerned "dont screw the pooch" look after your clients and they will beat a path to your door and make you a nice living. [thumbsup]

Gazza
Probably won't fix the distance issue, but boy can he tune Ducati's! Try Bob Brown at Kensington. He's been working on Ducati only for some 40 years. I took my S4 there and after he serviced it, it ran better than ver before in its 21,000km life. And he insists you call him the day after to give him some feedback. I don't know anyone else that asks for feedback pro-actively.

I put a post in this thread a while ago about my experience there:

http://www.ducatimonster.org/smf/index.php?topic=54369.25

BTW, the authorised dealer I used to use was Moto One as well.....

·
Premium Member
326 Posts
After Emailing some enquiries to some screen suppliers and getting no replies, (business must be soooo good they can ignore a potential customer) :mad: I tried Eagle Screens from W.A. John replied straight away with details and photos of what they could supply and pricing and other relevant info. Very helpful and professional. :)
I subsequently ordered a dark tint screen and some of the coloured screws that they can supply for the screen fitment.
Not 48 hours later it arrived by courier, well packed and it fitted a treat. Unlike some other well known brands that I have used in the past. Overall very happy and a recommended supplier. [thumbsup]

John at [email protected]

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hey Hey,

I'm putting a banged up 620 back together so I decided I might save some money by using some s/h stuff. So I did some surfing and sent off some emails, made some phone calls.

I found a bloke by the name of Morry at Motorcycles Plus in WA. mcplus.com.au.

Morry is monster man and he has a couple of (I think?) imported S4's that he's breaking down. The pricing was good and the service friendly and knowledgable. Freight could be quicker but hey if we wanted quick and easy we'd all be riding Hondas.

Give em a try

Cheers

Daffy

·
Premium Member
326 Posts
Some Kudos for Zagames, a Ducati dealer down here in Victoria, also has some really tasty KTM's and sweet little Lotus cars too.
As Mylittleduc (She Whio Shall Be Obeyed ;D) has been looking for a part of a Ventura rack for me cos the rack and bag that I bought from Fleabay didnt have the bracket. Doh!!
She talked to Brian and he said he would have a look and call her back if he found something, and sure enough found the Ventura part for me. Good effort Brian and also every time I have been there I have been treated courteously and well. [thumbsup]
Good on ya guys, I'll definately be back.

[clap] ;D [thumbsup] [clap]

·
Registered
476 Posts
dragonworld said:
After Emailing some enquiries to some screen suppliers and getting no replies, (business must be soooo good they can ignore a potential customer) :mad: I tried Eagle Screens from W.A. John replied straight away with details and photos of what they could supply and pricing and other relevant info. Very helpful and professional. :)
I subsequently ordered a dark tint screen and some of the coloured screws that they can supply for the screen fitment.
Not 48 hours later it arrived by courier, well packed and it fitted a treat. Unlike some other well known brands that I have used in the past. Overall very happy and a recommended supplier. [thumbsup]
John at [email protected]
+1 on Eaglescreens as well - super fast and helpful - I have had one of their tinted screen on my last three monsters - love the way the bits are interchangeable as you move up the range!

·
Registered
20 Posts
I want to give a big thumbs up for my local dealer Online Motorcycles in Albury. The service I have received there pre and post sale has been outstanding, they really make an effort to look after you. Recently I had my 1000km service and the workshop guys were just as helpful, they sorted a few niggling issues that I was worried about and completed the service quickly.

These guys really know how to look after a customer.

·
Premium Member
326 Posts
I recently bought a set of pipes from Fleabay!! A set of high rise Staintunes for $600 you betcha!! Assured by the seller they will fit my bike, so away I go. Wait with great anticipation, and sure enough upon arrival and with great expectation I attempt to fit said pipes and guess what?? Yer dead right!! Not within a bulls roar. :mad:
Not getting any joy from seller, he reckons I dont know **** about what I'm doing to fit them etc, etc, etc. So I contact Staintune and a Paul Schmalz answers my query with how to I/D the pipes. But they have no I/D marks or numbers whatsoever.WTF. ???
He suggests I send them up to Mittagong and they will give the I/D a try for me. Well they wont fit any jig in the place!!!! Directed this info to seller and he reckons Staintune dont know what they are talking about, interesting concept as they made the bloody things. Paul seems to think that they are a one off set made for a special application for a customer which Staintune used to do a couple of years back. And, unfortunately arnt worth the effort to "remodel" them to fit.
Aaaaanyway after dicking around with the seller I had to get Paypal involved to get satisfaction and a refund. All good. (Lying prick, every email a different story)
But Staintune checked the pipes out for me for nothing, polished them to a brilliant shine and posted them back for no charge. [clap]
A HUGE thanks to Paul Schmalz for his efforts, going above and beyond in customer service and I WILL be buying a set of high rise Staintunes when the $$$ allow. Not only do they look the Ducks Guts on the Duc (Heh [cheeky]) They are Oz made and the people that make 'em are the best. [thumbsup] [thumbsup] [thumbsup]
BTW re the Remus pipes on another thread, I was quoted $1400 for a set of the High Rise Staintunes down here in Mextoria. Compared to my Remus pipes the Staintunes are half the weight, I reckon the Remus ovals arnt that much lighter than the stock pipes. I think the old equation is 1kg = 1 hp. (No comments about my waistline!!) :p Copped lots of that when I used to race along with the lap time done with an hourglass!! Cheeky bastards all. :-*

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
ausmonsta said:
If your looking for carbon bling for your monster, give Geelong Carbon Craft a go.

http://www.geelongcarboncraft.com.au/
I'll second this suggestion, I've had one of their tank protectors on my bike for 7 years or so now including having it removed and refitted once - it still looks great. (there's a little bit of chipping around the edges, I might pull it off and trim it down slightly one day - it'd look brand new again if I did that)

big

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
Just a quick note about my Ducati Experience.

Bought my new bike from a large multi franchise bike shop and (same old story ::)) as soon as the money left my pocket the lies and bull$#%t attitude started. After giving them lots of second chances (I know :-\) finally I got sick of being bent over. They did everything they could to try to push me away as a customer and I finally caught on! :mad:
So I lost all faith in dealerships.
Dropped into Ducati Brisbane (not the fore mentioned dealer just to clarify) just to poke around, and the service I received was fantastic. Very approachable and they bent over backwards to impress me, which wasn't an easy task cause my ar$e was still sore from my previous Ducati Experience. :-X
A big thanks to Bob and the guys. [thumbsup] That is where my money gets spent from now on. ;)

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
Bike insurance.

Had my ZX12R insured with www.insuremyride.com.au and their permiums and valuation were very fair.
Then (after over 10yrs of deposits,) I high sided it and needed to make a claim (withdrawl). Although they wrote it off (as seems to be the fashion these days), they were good about it and paid up ASAP (including extra mods' and riding gear cover) and if they had a 2yr new replacment bike guarantee, I'd be with them still.

When my bike is over 2yrs old I'll check them out again.

61 - 80 of 88 Posts