Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Premium Member
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We often complain about the bad ones and don't praise the good ones, so just thought I'd list a couple of vendors that I(& others on the board) have used for parts and have received very good service from. Hope that if anyone else uses them, they also experience top service.

www.carbonworld.de - have bought Rizoma resevoirs and Kellermann LED turn signals from them. Very responsive. Latest order took just 6 days to arrive. Evan sent me some parts that they no longer stock...probably about $20 worth for free. Good guys.

www.mpl-tuningparts.de - bought clutch cover, clutch pressure plate & clutch slave cylinder. Ordered the slave cylinder on Thursday 13th...arrived on Tuesday 18th. They often sell their stuff on ebay, which is where I bought my stuff and you do get it cheaper than their list prices. Sent me a free cap too. Good quality stuff and FAST.

www.clearalternatives.com - bought clear LED taillight. Good prices. Tracking through Fedex. Ordered on Tuesday this week and according to Fedex, I'm getting it today !

www.pjsparts.com - ordered my Rizoma grips through them. Very responsive. Let me know that they didn't have them in stock(no-one else did either). As soon as they got them in, they informed me via email and never charged me until they sent them. Great service, not like some other local shops that bill your credit card and 6 weeks later you're still waiting....Ca...i

·
Premium Member
1,604 Posts
Yeah good idea Monstro [thumbsup]

I have also had good and quick service from carbonworld [thumbsup]

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
monstro900
Here's a couple more if you like. I often use them and found their service & pricing to be very good allround.

www.ducati-gowanloch.com - Excelent for genuine, DP & aftermarket parts, some accesories, tyres, restoration. Probably one of the better mechanical work shops too. Great service too, just simple old school good service guys to deal with. Good on the phone & send O/S or National.

www.motorcyclewreckers.com - Or better know as Metropolitan Motorcycle Spares. Continously wrecking Ducatis. Personally have bought chains, sprockets, pads, Brembo brakes (fromwrecking SS) etc from them. Busy little shop but the lads are patient when its not too hectik in there. Lots of affordable riding accesories too. These lads often ship National.

- Chris

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
Syd-Monster said:
www.motorcyclewreckers.com - Or better know as Metropolitan Motorcycle Spares. Continously wrecking Ducatis. Personally have bought chains, sprockets, pads, Brembo brakes (fromwrecking SS) etc from them. Busy little shop but the lads are patient when its not too hectik in there. Lots of affordable riding accesories too. These lads often ship National.
+1 on these guys.

They're also often the cheapest place around for new chains and sprockets (though I've only bought sprockets for my Honda there, I'm not sure if they stock aftermarket Ducati onces...).

I also picked up my switchblock-with-headlight switch there for a very reasonable price, $20 or 25 from memory (I was in there picking up some bits for my Spada when I saw a wrecked SS turn up there with it, so I said "I want *THAT!*" and they handed me a screwdriver and said "so take it!" ;) )

big

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
carbonworld
pj's parts
austreetfighter
sato racing
hard racing
desmo times
daniele moto
section 8
clear alternatives
cycle works

all these vendors provided me with performance enhancing accessories formerly known as bling and i was happy with every step of the international transaction

than there is ron @ flywheels who provided me with my RapidBike module and currently is entrusted with bringing my bike to its former glory

N

·
0 Posts
I think it's a great idea of people follow Mostro900's lead and if you are going to recommend someone, then take the time to write a couple of sentences describing what you bought and why they are good. Maybe also who @ the vendor helped you out, where applicable. This would be truly useful information. [thumbsup]

N

·
0 Posts
OK, here's a couple of service related ones from me (in order of when they happened), and all about CUSTOMER SERVICE:

Gowanloch's. When I first bought my monster, I had a small and niggling oil leak that was dripping onto my header pipe and shitting me with the smell. I was out for a ride one Sat, hand happened past Gowies. Parked out the back, talked to Mike Soderland, and he had a quick look. Turned out to be an overtightened oil filter and the gasket was shot. Stopped what he was doing, fixed it for me on the spot, and charged me only for the part. I know it was probably 10-15 mins tops that I took out of his day, but a lot of others would be chomping at the bit for a min 1/2 hour labour charge. Left a very positive impression on me.

Flywheels. Needed my 10k service, and took the advice of bigiain and a mate who rides an RSV and rang Ron @ flywheels. Took my bike over, met Ron, and he took the time to ask me if there was anything else to look at. There were a couple of things I mentioned. He rang and asked me before doing anything we did not already agree on, even down to the type of oil I wanted in the beast. His price was more than reasonable compared to the "factory servicing". Picked up the bike and away I went. About a week later he called me after realising that he had not answered a question I asked when I brought it in, and proceeded with the answer. When we first met we had a discussion regarding a bike owner and his/her mechanic, and from my experience, I have seen that Ron understands this well. Bravo Ron!. I will be back.

·
Banned
2,007 Posts
for overseas suppliers CA CYCLEWORKS gets my praise as THE BEST for going the extra mile when ordering unusual stuff, nothing is too much trouble. and as for freight, he sends it by the most cost effective method. oh and he DOESN'T charge your credit card until the day the stuff leaves. :D

for ducati dealers DUCATI PENRITH are great, geoff has a no nonsense approach which i appreciate. his pricing is fair and he really knows his stuff! His honesty and frankness is a change from most dealers i have experienced and the only reason i'm not a regular anymore is i live in brissie, over 1000klms away. Still spend lots of my pay there though. ::)

In brisbane, the BEST mechanic, in my opinion is bevan from EUROTWINS at sumner park. i cannot say enough about his level of professionalism and common sense approach to maintaining and repairing dukes. he's a small shop and you may have to book 2 weeks out but that's a reflection on the demand he's in, and he's a top bloke too. [thumbsup]

note:- i have no affiliation with any of these businesses, i've been around ducatis for nearly 15 years in 2 states and know how fickle and moody dealers, shops and mechanics can be, i also know how hard it can be to find someone you can trust to work on our bikes and not rip us off. credit where credit is due. 8)

P.S This should definitely be a sticky. ;D

·
Registered
476 Posts
I hav to to say this is a great idea - I have also used clear alternatives in the US - Excellent service and great prices. Gowanloch in Sydney have been great with heaps of free and useful advice and also EuroBrit down in Vic. They have been really good - I bought some Remus pipes that we thought would fit - they didn't and they sent me a full refund. Thanks.
My new Monster 620 is now getting blinged a treat wih help for these guys.

·
Premium Member
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
loony888 said:
for ducati dealers DUCATI PENRITH are great, geoff has a no nonsense approach which i appreciate. his pricing is fair and he really knows his stuff! His honesty and frankness is a change from most dealers i have experienced and the only reason i'm not a regular anymore is i live in brissie, over 1000klms away. Still spend lots of my pay there though. ::)....
Thanks for the heads-up on Ducati Penrith loony. no-one in Sydney has yet mentioned them and most Ducati dealers get mentioned along with some pretty bad words, so it's good to hear something really positive about one in your own backyard as it were.

·
Banned
2,007 Posts
mostro900 said:
Thanks for the heads-up on Ducati Penrith loony.  no-one in Sydney has yet mentioned them and most Ducati dealers get mentioned along with some pretty bad words, so it's good to hear something really positive about one in your own backyard as it were.
no sweat mostro [thumbsup]
being at penrith, easily a 30min ride from parra means he's only a little shop but he really knows his stuff, give him a ring, i'm sure he'll help you out. his no. is 0247312239.

N

·
0 Posts
loony888 said:
P.S This should definitely be a sticky. ;D
I agree, but I will let others chime in before doing it - democratic administration of this board [thumbsup]

·
Registered
53 Posts
On the North shore, Freedom motorcycles gets a vote from me http://www.freedommotorcycles.com.au/

I can not vouch for their Ducati experience, I will let you know next week after they have serviced my amazing bike.

The mechanics have got a lot of years behind the spanner and their advice has always been realistic and spot on the money. [thumbsup]

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
SOS Suspension

Sean O'Sullivan

Unit 7 / 9-11 Abel Street
Penrith South NSW 2750
Ph: (02) 4732 5533
Fax: (02) 4721 5277
Mobile: 04 1224 5176

Sean rebuilt my original 45000K, 10 year old BOGE shock, fantastic work! Sean took the time to ask what is it, what needs to be done, my weight, bike type, type of riding etc. Explored the new Vs rebuild option ($460 Vs $900) and kept me informed. Stayed back to 7:30pm so I could pick up shock after work. A+. Sean does the repairs himself so you are dealing with the owner, manager & mechanic in one great person. My bike now handels absouletly brilliant and feels as good as any aftermarket suspensioned bike, comparing to what I've riden. - Chris

·
Premium Member
1,277 Posts
I get really good service from CA-Cycleworks. Great range of stuff too.

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
Shout out to Terry Hays at Shock Treatment

Woot! They've fixed my shock.

I dropped it out there on Wednesday on recommendation from Ron at Flywheels and Lil who got her CBR600 lowered there. They said they'd do what they could to have it ready for me for the weekend but that they did have a fair bit of work on and it might not get done till next week...

They just called and said it's getting put back together now, and it'll be ready in half an hour.

I'm gonna pick it up before coffee tomorrow, and put it back in tomorrow afternoon :)

So a big +1 from me to:

Shock Treatment
639 Greendale Rd
Wallacia
Ph: 02 4773 9115

big (Oh, and it cost $110 for the service and $79 for parts.)

·
Registered
446 Posts
Re: Shout out to Terry Hays at Shock Treatment

bigiain said:
Woot! They've fixed my shock.
I dropped it out there on Wednesday on recommendation from Ron at Flywheels and Lil who got her CBR600 lowered there. They
Shock Treatment
Yup Terry was v sweet to me when I took the 600 there. It was quite funny there's me wandering around his workshop poking things (Terry is a pretty big guy) I felt like a mouse, anyways he was v happy and patient to answer ALL my questions ie wot's that? what does that do? but why gold valves? he showed me the gold valves he put on my bike and explained what they did etc and I actually understood - trust me huge deal for me as usually when I listen to techy bike talk what I hear is blah blah blah ducati blah blah blah honda blah blah blah valentino:)

So yeah Terry is great ;D

·
Registered
972 Posts
Lillith said:
So yeah Terry is great ;D
I assume that it was Terry Hay(s) we are talking about, well I have taken my rear shock to him 3 times and I was not satisfied with the end result, I will say no more on that unless pressed for more info

Mmick

N

·
0 Posts
hey people, due to no one commenting, I am going to make this sticky, as it is useful information for all aussies.

Can I ask people to remember to keep it on topic - which is GOOD VENDORS and reporting their service. If you want to mention someone, you should take the time to explain why, as this will go a long way for others forming a meaningful opinion of their own

Thanks people!

1 - 20 of 88 Posts