Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, for you tall 695 riders who are looking for a little more leg room, how about we trade seats?

Since I'm a tall 5'7", I'm looking to get a little closer to the ground [thumbsup]

My seat has about 2k miles on her (I know, but there's only so many laps you can do around an island and now that I'm in DC ... it's friggin chilly out!)

Hoping someone has similar miles on theirs so we can have a fair trade.

Let me know.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Re: Good trade for a tall 695 rider ... trade S4Rs seat for 695 seat

I did that same trade with another Dmler and it worked out great....I had another member in line to trade with, get in touch with C Fresh. he had a 695? If I remember correctly. -MM

·
Registered
180 Posts

i already tried to contact him but it didn't work out. i was suprised that nobody wanted to trade my s2r seat for their 695 seat, but i guess people don't want to go through the trouble.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts

I sent my seat out to them first so they wouldn't be w/o a seat. they reused my box and sent their seat back to me. I made it easy for them since I was the one asking for the favor. people don't realize it only costs 12-18.00 to ship a seat. good luck -MM

·
Premium Member
7 Posts

Can you post a pic? In the process of getting a 695, delivery is Saturday so may consider. Seat only has ~650 miles though.

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

MichmonsterS4 and elmonstro, thanks for the help and happy the seat swap worked out well [thumbsup]

Sevenon7, I'm about to leave for work so I'll post a pic when I get back ... my seat is in very good condition so I'm sure you won't be dissapointed ;D

·
Registered
180 Posts

let me know when you guys get this sorted out so i can do the same. i contacted about 10 members with the smaller seats and nobody would deal. i'm still looking to swap mine too.

·
Premium Member
772 Posts

How much higher/lower are we talking here? I wouldn't mind a little more height on my 695.

·
Premium Member
446 Posts

hey guys, I wouldnt mind trading my seat for an s4r seat. ITs an 02 620 with 3200 KILOMETERs. Seat is mint. Let me know if ur interested and post a pic of what u have to offer.

Cheers, Heath

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

So far Sevenon7 was first to reply and then lifes_an_ocean and Pancake81 are next.

Ok, here's pics of the two sides, the top and back:

Sevenon7, let me know if you're up for the trade.

lifes_an_ocean, I believe the S*R* seats are 20mm higher than the 695/620 seats (that's close to 1").

edit: I just noticed the indent marks from the seat cowl .... I've never taken the cowl off before but I believe everyone's seat will be like that. I assume the marks will go away after a while.

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks everyone for their help and offers to swap.

I found someone local who has a 695 with similar miles so we made an even swap.

Elmonstro, good luck in finding someone who can swap. Statler gave me a good heads up - the 620 seat does not fit the current S*R series bikes as they had metal tanks and the fitting is a little differnt ... just keep that in mind.

Good luck everyone and thanks again [thumbsup]

·
Registered
180 Posts
awesome thanks for the heads up, me and lifes an ocean are trading this week and he has a 695. how did it turn out for you? was it worth the trade? i can't wait to try it.

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Elmonstro, those extra 20mm are awesome [thumbsup]

I can ALMOST get both feet flat on the ground ... well I'm still on my toes on both feet but my heels are a lot closer to the ground [laugh]

Happy to hear that your getting your swap soon.

Safe and Good riding for all!

·
Registered
384 Posts
well worth the trade. i traded with michigan... love my new seat, and im guessing he likes his as well [thumbsup]

easy trade, cost me like 10 bucks!!

·
Premium Member
881 Posts
I am still up for a trade, but my stock seat has a staple that started to pull out, so it is being replaced through warranty by the dealer. Unfortunately the dealer had an individual in their service department that did not follow through. Here I thought the new seat was going be here months ago. The emphasis on the dealer "had" means that the old individual is gone and the new service guy should be taking care of me. I would still be up for a trade, but don't want to stick anyone with this seat and want to wait until the new seat comes in. Bonus though is that the new seat will have very very little miles on it. To those that sent PMs to me previously, when the seat comes in I will start sending PMs out and if you have not traded yet we can work something out. If anyone PMs me and gets someone else to trade that is fine, just let me know.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
nosolace said:
well worth the trade. i traded with michigan... love my new seat, and im guessing he likes his as well [thumbsup]

easy trade, cost me like 10 bucks!!

I feels lower, unfortunately I haven't been able to ride it yet :-\

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
I too would like to trade my S4Rs seat for a 695 seat. It's crazy that this many people want to trade, but it's a great idea since my dealer wants 282 big ones for a new 695 seat. Only have 800 miles on it. Zip code is 89002. Henerson, NV.

Thanks,

Lou

1 - 20 of 21 Posts