Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I am sitting at my stand with my laptop online thru my cell phone waiting for my afternoon customer rush. I did not take a single picture today. I just rode my S4R. I had a great time. I just wish my tire held out a bit longer. Its a sloppy low traction mess right now. My riding is over for the weekend. Time for some race tires next.

·
Registered
5 Posts
don't look that bad for the street any who. Good job doin it a good one though ;) How did she handle on the track??

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The bike was great in the morning. But after lunch I found the traction to be poor at best. After the third lap the the bike began slipping and sliding. Nothing uncontrolable. But enough for me to hang it up for the day. I needed to do my work anyway.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

After some thought. Maybe my tires are not the problem. I probably need better springs for my size. The bike felt much better then my first track day. My chain was too tight and caused all kinds of weird thing to happen with my rear suspension.
Saturday all in all felt good. I know I am not knee dragging. But someone took my pucks off my suit. I left it in the TPM trailer and I guess they were borrowed to be put on a rental suit. I was always fast and scary. Scary to watch. I rode at the edge and it was not pretty. But I still managed to go fast. After seeing video of my riding before I crashed 2 years ago, I decided to slow and down and work on smoothness. This will be the summer of smooth for me. I was once told, if you work on smooth, fast comes when your not paying attention. We will see.....

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Man I wish the DML East Track Day happened. Maybe we should try this again for mid or end of season.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Looks like fun!! ;D

G

·
too bad your tires turned to snot so quickly. nothing like that gummy look on the rubber though. way to go dennis!

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts
mmmmmm.... I just took my bike to have Michelin Pilot Sports put on...isn't that what you have Dennis!!??

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts
Dennis... Nice suit, is that your new Vanson?

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
From what I hear, most people like them. My poor tire issues may be more suspension and HP fun then anything.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Dennis... Nice suit, is that your new Vanson?
Nope.
That is the old suit. I was wearing it last time too. But I had a jacket over it. With any luck, I will have my suit for the ride. But I am doubting it. I got a letter from Vanson this weekend asaying there are not enough dead cows to make my suit. And that it will take until the end of May to kill more.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts