Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was considering trading the monster for a multistrada... then had the idea to see if I could score a reliable, interesting touring bike for super cheap. Like $2k or less cheap. It'd be for the occasional run from NY-Chicago or similar. Doesn't have to be anything too fancy or even beautiful, but I would like something interesting. dont mind (actually kinda love) the weird colored, huge fairing 80's bmw like the BMW K100... any recs? Anything to avoid? I fix my own bikes but don't want to get something thats a huge drain on my time.

have been thinking bout ST2's... but the $3.5-3k seems to be the bottom line. am i crazy to think i can get something at/under 2k?

·
Registered
19 Posts
If you want to stick with european bikes not too sure about that, but if you are open to others, Honda has a ton of old cheap tourers. Anything based of the Nighthawk (750/900/1100?) is supposed to be pretty bulletproof and comfortable and old Goldwings are a lot cooler than the new ones!

·
Premium Member
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
dont get me wrong, i love japanese stuff...own nothing but japanese cars, but my instinct tells me that the old beemers are just as reliable and more interesting. my first bike was actually a K75s, which I loved for its weirdness, and actually thought was pretty good looking.

What about triumph trophy's? Saw a 1200 for $2500 !
But not I'm thinking... should I just sell the monster and spend that same money going to a multistrada 1000... humm.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts