Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone now of any mechanics in the area that can perform a valve check/adjustment. I have got a quote of over $800 from bh for a 2000 750. I don't have anything against the dealer but this seems excessive. I do all my mods and service myself. I don't usually turn to others for service but am a little reluctant to tackle this job. Any leads would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
You should try Quentin Wilson. He has opened his own shop in Reseda and is one the best Ducati mechanics in California! The name of the shop is APEX Predator Racing - phone is (818) 401-0240. He does all my work (except for the free ducati services I had!) on both my Italian bikes and they are two of the finest running bikes in the area!

Also he was formerly at ProItalia for 3 years and is Ducati certified.

Good luck and you can't go wrong with Quentin!

·
Registered
74 Posts
I just had my 6K service done at Oceanside Ducati - $376

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was told by BH Ducati that it would run around $800 to check the valves with an added charge for each opener or closer that needed adjusting. That was just for the valve check and no other service. Oceanside is only about 100 miles away. I guess BH won't be getting my buisness. I am going to checkout the independent guy in resida. For some reason I trust an independent more than the dealer.

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
There's a guy here in (I think) Signal Hill or Long Beach,

Scott Waters
(562) 981-0911

Not sure if that # is right, somebody here has his correct 3 if that's not it.

Heard really good things about him...no FHE tho.

·
Registered
385 Posts
I take my bike to Steve Kaplan, he wrenched for the Ducati Corse Team and Rich Headley. Still wrenches whenever he's free.
The guy knows his stuff, but he does live in Acton which is a good long drive.

Quentin is great also, I did not know he had opened his own shop.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts