Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello from Lexington,

I'm doing the research bit right now, signed up for the MSF in June, and hoping to land a monster 800 dark or possibly a used 750 or 900, but I've been warned by a BMW/H*nda riding friend to stay clear of the h*nda/Duc dealership in town (Transport).

I see there is a dealership in Louisville, but I don't know much about them.

A good place in southern Ohio or southern Indiana or northern Tennessee would be fine as well, I don't mind looking a state or two over, especially if shipping the bike is an option.

*On a side note, would a 6'4" rider be okay on a monster? (I'm tall but I'm hooked on the monster, so I hope it's a yes)

Thanks in advance for the assistance,

-sah-
[ insert duc monster here]
88 900t SPG

·
Registered
4,928 Posts
The guys at Ducati Nashville >

are great to deal with.
At 6'4", you might also check out the Multistrata. You shouldn't have any trouble swinging your leg over that tail.;)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hello from Lexington,

I'm doing the research bit right now, signed up for the MSF in June, and hoping to land a monster 800 dark or possibly a used 750 or 900, but I've been warned by a BMW/H*nda riding friend to stay clear of the h*nda/Duc dealership in town (Transport).

I see there is a dealership in Louisville, but I don't know much about them.

A good place in southern Ohio or southern Indiana or northern Tennessee would be fine as well, I don't mind looking a state or two over, especially if shipping the bike is an option.

*On a side note, would a 6'4" rider be okay on a monster? (I'm tall but I'm hooked on the monster, so I hope it's a yes)

Thanks in advance for the assistance,

-sah-
[ insert duc monster here]
88 900t SPG
I am from Louisville and the group at Commonwealth motorcycles that you are refering to are a great bunch of guys, Commonwealth was recently bought by the current owner (i think his name is Ed) and he seems to do everything he can to be a great dealer. Offers test rides etc...
I actually bought my current bike from his service manager and who used to work at another dealer and he was great to work with. I have never had a bad experience with them but I only go there to get parts and service for my Suzuki and to drool on the Ducs sitting in the showroom. One day when i finally decide to get another bike and it is a Duc it will definately be from Commonwealth.
Good Luck.

·
Registered
204 Posts
The Ducati Web site lists a dealer in Cincinnati- J D Performance Inc. Fortunately, I don't have any personal experience with their service dept.

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
I bought my monster from commonwealth, good to deal with. I had a warranty issue with my gauge cluster, they ordered a new one and installed it a week later when they did some regular maintenance. Oh yeah, they did it while I waited, didn't miss a second on my bike. Rode it there and home. Good people.

I think their website is www.commoto.com.

S

·
0 Posts
After reading what several of you have to say about Commonwealth, I'm thinking I should give them a second chance. I had an appointment with them to get my Monster worked on, but cancelled it after a couple comments they made. I live over 100 miles away and would have brought my bike down on a Saturday and picked it up the next. I was told they didn't have room for "storage" of my bike. It would have been impossible for me to get it any othe way unless I took a day off work. I will say that the owner seemed much more accomidating, but he's not always the one making the decisions. I've been to the shop in Cinci but only to visit. Good luck with Commonwealth and enjoy some Heine Bros. coffee while you are there.

Shep

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
oops, thought this was about weed. I knew a guy from Kentucky.
Good luck with your search- and make sure to post pics when you get that new ride!

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all the advice, everyone.

I sent an email to Commonwealth late this afternoon, so I'll see if they respond shortly. I'd love to find a good place in-state, and if they work out, it'd be perfect, as Louisville is only an hour or so from me.

I also asked their opinion of a monster for a 6'4" rider.

I looked at the Multistrada, but it's a little out of my price range, and it's not a monster.

And to answer Loki's question, yes, there's plenty of obfuscated THC farming going on around these parts. I think it's the #2 cash crop behind tobacco. ;)

-sah-

S

·
0 Posts
Thanks for the storage offer, I'll keep that in mind, although I may end up selling the bike. Back to Commonwealth, I was there a week ago and they had a used S4, red, on the floor. It was just one or two model years old and had low miles. Don't quote me on this because I have a terrible memory, but I thought they were asking $8,000.

Shep

·
Registered
14 Posts
If you ever need to get your bike worked on and storage is an issue, I could watch it for you. I live 20 miles or so from commonwealth. Just pm if you ever need the help. They do have a limited storage area, it's always crammed with bikes. Seems to mostly be suzuki's though ;)
That just hurts. LOL ;D

·
Registered
14 Posts
haha, sorry amp, but I loves me some ducs. I was actually looking at commonwealth for a suzuki when I discovered Ducati.
There is no Switch. ;D

M

·
0 Posts
I'm from Cincinnati. JD performance is the only Duc dealer in town, luckily there are a couple guys over there that now there sh*t. I have had nothing but good service from them..

1 - 15 of 15 Posts