Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to get a subscription to a good British cycle mag. I've looked around a little bit but am mostly interested in what you guys would suggest.

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
I like "Bike."

"TWO" (two wheel only) is pretty good too.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The few I've read so far really crack me up.

·
Registered
326 Posts
BIKE wins for sure... decent comparison of M1000 this month too. They only got 69HP at the rear wheel yet the M1000 was the fastest around the track against the Honda Hornet, some Kwak, and the new Buell 1200. Interesting article.

TWO, SuperBIKE, ClassicBike also good fun.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Does Bike have a web site? I have looked around on the net for it and haven't found it.

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
BIKE is good. I'd like to get it, too. I also got a copy of "Streetfighters" once at a Barnes & Noble... quite hooligan. It's mostly aimed at getting 700000 bhp out of your Gixxer while chroming every single part, but it's an interesting read.

·
Premium Member
694 Posts
I wish BIKE and T.W.O. had websites with all their previous articles databased. I really like BIKE's review section on all types of equipment for you and your bike. Plus, I think I learn something new each time I read about riding style and awareness, T.W.O too. The one place online that I really like is Motorcycle.com. Yeah, it's a few bucks, but hey, it costs as much as 2 grande coffees in this neck of the woods, so go without a for a week and it's paid for!

Oh yeah, I meant to include all that in my last post, but the fingers slipped on the ol' mac - not a lame attempt at getting one more post closer to Full Member status! ;D

·
Registered
571 Posts
I always got BIKE & T.W.O. when I lived back at home in the UK. They are far better than anything I have seen on shelves here too....sadly.... ::)

H

·
0 Posts
Nobody mentioned the real reason for reading the Brit rags... Pics of nude chicks on bikes!

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
This is true, Herb. Even the insurance ads have rackage in them.

·
Premium Member
5,076 Posts
Superbike & Fastbikes have the nicest naked girls. I think they have motorcyle pics as well.

·
Premium Member
540 Posts
I'm a fan of Fastbikes and Performance Bikes. T.W.O. is a good blend of the two. Fastbikes generally is a bit extreme but having said that they generally don't pull too many punches where as the other Brit mags can tend to be a bit the same. I'd buy one of each and see which style you like.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Bike and Performance Bike are my favorites. The only good US publication is Roadracing World (roadracingworld.com). Superbike is ok and Fastbikes is only good for the pics (though I get it for the articles). Just my 2 cents.

S

·
0 Posts
Bike and Ride are head and shoulders above anything we have in the U.S. Both have great road test articles, head-to-head comparisons and articles on gear like helmets, gloves, jackets and other stuff. TWO is a close third. My wife and I buy them monthly at our local Tower Records in San Mateo. Looking through the magazines now, all I can find is an e-mail address for Bike at [email protected] and for Ride at [email protected]. I know that it's possible (and pricey) to subscribe to both of them. Suggest you try e-mail and see what response you get.

·
Registered
59 Posts
So does anyone know if Italian Bike Magazine (British mag on Italian bikes) is officially dead? Very enjoyable publication for Ducati and other Italian bike enthusiasts if they did manage to survive and keep publishing.

I'll take the British mags over anything N.Am. published for sure. I'm impressed with T.W.O. which I've read most recently... been a while since I looked at BIKE, but it was good as well.

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts