Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know somebody was suppose to post this a while back ::). So how many of you would be interested in gokart/pocketbike racing ?

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Re: GoKart/PocketBike Racing

;D

·
Registered
1,893 Posts

I might be interested.

What date did you have in mind? Maybe do this in lieu of an Italian Night on the 5th of Feb.?

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

well I was thinkin over a weekend would be better rather than do it on a weeknight.

·
Registered
187 Posts

Cyclopes,

Sounds like fun! I would be in for it if we could decide on a weekend. Hope everyone had a great and safe new year! If we raced pocket bikes, do we need full leathers or just our helmets?

Westy

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Well i was hopin "somebody" wud take over from here ::) [cheeky]

I will look it up as soon as i get home. Unless anyone here knows the right place and in fo on it..Gabe ? ;D

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
1,893 Posts

Cyclopes said:
Well i found this.

http://www.prokartindoor.com/index.htm

But thats just gokarting. Im still looking for pocketbike racing.
I did the Pro-Kart in Shakopee a few years ago. Had a blast!

I've never heard of a local outfit that has pocketbike racer/rentals (indoors, at least).

·
Registered
58 Posts

A few people we used to Autocross with started a league at pro cart.... been there 50 to 60 times. spent a sh*t load of cash but was well worth every bit. There was talk of doing the pocket thing but I never folowed up on it. If someone has the time, call them and find out. I have two of the little death rides and have access to one more! would be fun!!

·
Registered
187 Posts

Sounds like the pocket bike racing is going to be hard to find...but the prokart stuff is a blast. (I have done that before)

Mo- just pick a date and lets all get together. I will pick Saturday Jan. 27th to start the date off.

Anybody have any other thoughts?

Westy

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

So from what i understand nobody rents out pocketbikes, we have to have our own,,,Well that sucks :-[ .

I have no problems with Sat 27th. Ill call them tonoght and find out the costs and what times are available. Unless anybody has any other suggestions, Ill go with Westy's date.

*how did I get stuck plannig this* :-\

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Is it possible to go the next weekend after the 27th? It would be the first weekend in Feb. I can't make it the 27th but, if your date is firm, I'll go next time.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Sorry Mo. I was going to take the lead on this; however, I got sidetracked when I realized how expensive it is.

It looks like it is $18 for 8 minutes.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
All right , so i called prokart and all we need to do is call a day ahead and make sure its not booked. We cant reserve a spot, well we could but it cost us 800$. So pretty much show up and ride.

Gabe, I beleive the weekend after the 27th is the bike show. We could always ride on sunday that weekend.

Alan, Yea its expensive, but i hear its well worth it.

So now leets decide which day to do this gokart thing, one where we could the biggest turnout. And maybe even bring family and/or freinds.

·
Registered
111 Posts
So Mo, any more word on the date.

I would also be out for the weekend of the January 27th.

It looks like we would only have about four people. Maybe we could get a few more DML'ers to voice their interest if I give this a:

BUMP!

·
Registered
222 Posts
OK, I'm a dummy, but are ProKart the same as GoKarts? Are they both $18 per 8 minutes? If it's more reasonable, and I can somehow bring a kid, I would come accompanied by a precocious 5 year old.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hey Nina,

Yes, Prokarts are the same as GoKarts.

It doesn't look like they have lower pricing for kids; however, it does look like they have "youth karts" and "Two Person Karts."

I can't find what the minimum age for the youth karts is, but I am seeing the age 8 listed a lot throughout the website.

Click on this link to take a look at the Youth Kart and Two Person Kart.

http://www.prokartindoor.com/karts.htm

·
Registered
289 Posts
From their website -
Must be at least 13 years old (12 at Maple Grove) and at least 54" tall in order to drive the karts.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Well Mo.... ;D

Are we going on the 27th or are we postponing it till sometime in February?

(Yes...I know I am like the little kid in the back that won't shut up)

Hey Fergizone....you still around....are you going 2?

I'm just bored, haven't even heard or ridden my DUC in two months.

Westy

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Westy I really wanna go. Ill go if i get some company, i dont wanna be by myself... So whos in for the 27th, or do we postpone it .... ?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts