Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
996 ----- that's a good number.

I've pretty much hit the end of the road concerning modifying my Monster. It's been a fairly busy year with some interesting parts of this mechanical journey. The thing is that I've done all the mods I initially planned on and, no surprise, have done others that I never thought I'd spend money on. I like the end result a lot but now that it's done I have this vague, sort of empty feeling. Riding helps to be sure but still I'm the kind of guy that needs a project(s).

I still perk up when I see the UPS or FedEx truck come down the street and then realize I haven't ordered anything lately.

I'm way too deep in the Monster to sell it and start over with something else. Besides, Christmas is coming and any extra dough is going towards holiday spending.

I caught myself looking at a Suzuki SV1000S and thinking about modding it. Whilst talking with the salesman he commented that the Ducati was more industrial looking and sounded a lot meaner. I immediately thought, "Damn straight it does! What TF am I doing here?" and I left.

I could either modify the mods or start modifying the engine.

Or, I could just wait and see how long the withdrawals last. I think a good, long, fast ride with a cold beer at the end is in order.

·
Premium Member
522 Posts
Buy a basket case and build your own Frankenmonster cafe racer. A rat bike you can thrash when you want to keep the Pristine bike clean and in the garage.

Or how about finding a clean '85-'87 GSXR 750 and go all retro-Jap? I LOVE the sweet "Mad Max" look of the '70/'80s bikes... :)

http://www.madmaxmovies.com/cars/madmax/Goose/index.html

1 - 5 of 5 Posts