Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, guys. Are you getting a glowing red exhaust manifold when your Monster 821 2020 is on idle?

Im using a Termignoni Race slip-on with UpMap M821 19 D178 SR now. The glowing red on my rear cylinder’s exhaust manifold is also noticeable even with my stock exhaust and stock mapping. My Ducati dealership mechanic also ain’t sure why that’s happening and said it could be possibly normal.

Any Monster 821 Stealth 2020owners here? Are you having the same glowing red experience on your rear cylinder’s exhaust manifold?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Not an 821, but a 696. Look at that front exhaust glowing red, after only 2 minutes idle after cold start.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I thought it was pretty normal, but now I've read into it, the bike probably runs on the lean side. On the other hand, there ar tons of questions about this online, so it's not uncommon either. Especially on later bikes, I think Ducati's tend to run leaner because of emissions and regulations. This thing gets crazy fuel economy, even going to trackdays I can't get her under 1 liter per 20 km (47MPG).

I've just requested a quote on a remap at my local dealer...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts