Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys .....just back from a trip to the big smoke (Brisbane) we drove down from mackay to savour the pleasures and sins of big city living.......we wound up to it by visiting moonford and kingaroy on the way down [cheeky].......the route took us around the west of somerset dam and then over mount glorious....... what a road !!!!:eek:.........twisties ,sweepers straights more twisties and sweepers and great bitumen......I had great fun even in the station wagon >:D
and not a plod to be seen :police: although the 'cheese and kisses' was a bit of a hand brake...just because everything was sliding off the dash...... ???
next time the monster is coming with us >:D >:D >:D
the trip back was through the ranges near maleny to gympie no traffic no cops.... you guys down there are spoiled for choice.

·
Registered
318 Posts
yeah it is a nice bit of road for sure. [thumbsup]
You have to be carefull as its deceptive and has plenty of **** Doohan wanabees on it, as well as :police:

I may be going just there this Sunday.

·
Registered
54 Posts
You're right about mt glorious - a tops patch to fang! I rode from Syd to Bris on Dec 27th, and did glorious on the 30th (me on my monster and my brother on his 250). Such a beautiful area and the corners are just brilliant!!

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
I grew up on Mt Nebo, unfortunately moved away before I got into bikes. I'd love to visit and take a spin up there (I live in NYC right now). Just keep everything under control and have fun. :)

·
Registered
388 Posts
Any of you guys up there this morning (7/1)? I saw 3 at the top and parked next to one. It had an aftermarket bellypan and a cover on the tank for a tankbag.

Cheers
Palooka

·
Banned
2,007 Posts
any coppers palooka??? i'm a bit gun shy seeing as i have very few points left...... ::)

·
Registered
388 Posts
Yup, there was a bike cop with a laser gun between the gap and nebo.

I had warning from the firendly proprieter at the Glorious teahouse ;)

If you go out through Samford and head to the teahouse first, the guys will usually give you a warning

·
Registered
318 Posts
Palooka said:
Any of you guys up there this morning (7/1)? I saw 3 at the top and parked next to one. It had an aftermarket bellypan and a cover on the tank for a tankbag.

Cheers
Palooka
I didn't make it up. Although every time I have the red monster with bellypan is there.
Female rider as well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts