Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I saw a post about somebody having glasspacks on their bike...I tried searching for it, but found nothing dangit. Whoever it is, please post pics and send me links to where you got them, and any info on what they are/how they perform/sound. Thanks ;D

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
Guilty as charged. Figured I'd confess now before I was implicated by someone else... ;D

They're Cherry Bombs, purchased at the local TrakAuto, about $19 each.
I happened to have some proper sized tubing, and I can fabricate and weld, so I fabbed 'em on in an afternoon.
They sound great, performance increase was marginal, just like all other slip-ons.
Hotrod car guys like 'em. Ducati Superbike guys seem a bit mystified...

Higgie/MonsterHooligan has 'em on his Monster too. I stole the idea from him.... ;D

·
Premium Member
642 Posts
That is soo friggin awesome! What a cool original cheap idea. There is nothing I like better than yanking out huge profits from manufacturers/retailers on minimal performance parts. So cheap too. I might go buy some just for fun, cuz they are so cheap. Now rig those up as high mounts :p Good work. Nice originality.

-Patrick

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Guilty as charged. Figured I'd confess now before I was implicated by someone else... ;D

They're Cherry Bombs, purchased at the local TrakAuto, about $19 each.
I happened to have some proper sized tubing, and I can fabricate and weld, so I fabbed 'em on in an afternoon.
They sound great, performance increase was marginal, just like all other slip-ons.
Hotrod car guys like 'em. Ducati Superbike guys seem a bit mystified...

Higgie/MonsterHooligan has 'em on his Monster too. I stole the idea from him.... ;D

Hey Speeddog, just wondering how hard it was to hook those up, how long it took, and what you need to do so. Also, how do they sound (comparable to Sil Megaphone 105 bass, or other cans), and can you do high mount easily? Also, can you chop off the end of the pipe (where it is straight and narrow at the rear)? Thanks for the pics! ;D

·
Premium Member
496 Posts
You can't compare Nick's glasspacks to anything else, they are original (and loud) for sure.

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
Hey Speeddog, just wondering how hard it was to hook those up, how long it took, and what you need to do so. Also, how do they sound (comparable to Sil Megaphone 105 bass, or other cans), and can you do high mount easily? Also, can you chop off the end of the pipe (where it is straight and narrow at the rear)? Thanks for the pics! ;D
Wasn't hard for me to do, took maybe a weekend afternoon.
Hacksaw, hammer, bench vise, welding torch and a drill press. I was lucky having a small piece of tubing from an old h*nda exhaust just the right size to slip into the header pipes, it's not an inch size. Happened also to have some nice mandrel bent tubing to make the connection with, and some 1/8' x 2" bar stock to make the brackets with. Here's a couple more pics:

I like the sound. ;D Actually, every Monster sounds good, and they sound even better with any aftermarket cans.

High mounts would not be too hard, but there's no existing mount, so that would have to be fabbed too. You'd need shorter glasspacks too. The ends can be chopped off, no problem. I wasn't sure what I wanted to do with 'em, so I left 'em on mine.
Higgie's are chopped.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts