Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
862 Posts
Just really windy here.. I'm in Mountain View.. it'll probably start coming down in a half hour here..

Looks like nasty weather for a few days... That darn Groundhog!

·
Premium Member
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
earlier today they said gusts up to 50-60 MPH over the bridges. that kinda wind and rain, no thanks, the bay bridge is a big enuf battle as it is, don't need to see if i can survive being tossed into the bay :eek:

·
Registered
571 Posts
Just really windy here.. I'm in Mountain View..

Just a 12 mile ride to the Thursday Campbell meet then!

My wife works in Mountain View, thats how I know its 12 miles!

;D

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
we gonna get the obligatory 4 people to show up again? i know there are more people in the South Bay who ride monsters!

·
Registered
316 Posts
A folding table I had up against a fence got blown into my wife's '80MGB roadster's rt front fender. Caused about $1,000 damage!
Cesar.

·
Registered
571 Posts
A folding table I had up against a fence got blown into my wife's '80MGB roadster's rt front fender. Caused about $1,000 damage!
Cesar.
That the same fender as the one that was damaged by that truck?

::)

·
Registered
99 Posts
I WAS riding...

...my kiteboard. Holy Sh!t was it windy. Blown off the water by 1 PM. Almost as scary as a blind DRT (decreasing radius turn) with an 18-wheeler! Jeesh, I need a break from all this adrenaline. :eek:

·
Premium Member
1,488 Posts
The Bay Bridge was crazy yesterday. I had to go into almost a full lean one way or the other multiple times to not get blown across lanes. Definitely not something I want to repeat everyday...

·
Registered
99 Posts
TAF,

Yup, we do it on the Bay. Yesterday Crown Beach in Alameda was optimal, today it's Crissy Field. Super-fun sport! If you're interested you could take lessons from City Front Sailboards or Berkeley Boardsports. Trust me, it's worth it. The power in that bar (when you send the kite and jump) is phenomenal. More power than a Ducati Monster!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Sorry Tigre, but the answer is YES. When you sling that kite as hard as you can it creates so much apparent wind that even my fat azz gets 20+ feet of air. More adrenaline than anyone has a right to pump. No oncoming 18-wheelers either. Try that with a fuzzy tail on your bike!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts