Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Givi Top Case Mount Installation with Ducati Short Tail Kit?

Hello Forum-
Just got a 2009 696 and have had it only a few days. (LOVE IT!) I like to tour, so I want to put my Givi Top Case on it.
I ordered the rack here, just received it and...

um, it makes no sense. Doesn't fit. The turn signals are totally in the way as far as I can tell.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? Sigh - was hoping to hit the road tomorrow...

Thanks!
(First of MANY questions, no doubt.)

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Aaaaannnd, true to form, the MINUTE I finally give up and post a question, the answer comes to me. Take off the turn signal, idiot. Because it goes under THERE.
Which means a trip to the hardware store. I can't believe after all these years, I've gotten away without a set of little right angle allen wrenches.
And now it's getting dark.
Which means I'll be posting my next obvious-to-everyone-but-me question in the morning!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Yes. If I can get it. I bought the bike a week ago with the short tail already on there. Just emailed the seller to see if she has the original parts. If not, maybe I can trade old for new here on the forum somewhere.
Good to know about the touring/staying drier tip, though. Thanks!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
For the record, I finally have my topcase mounted with the short tail kit.

Basically, we drilled a hole (by "we" I mean "someone else who was nice enough to do it for me") in the mount to route the turn signal wires through, and then added an aluminum plate to make the turn sig more visible/less "hidden" by the topcase. One could skip the aluminum plate and mount the turn sigs right at the hole in the mount.

Pics attached, if I've done this correctly.

Now, if I had a center stand, all would be right with the world...

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thank you!!!

I know that this post is a few years old, but if you get this - just wanted to express my gratitude for your post! Ran into exactly the same issue and you saved me a lot of hassle because you already solved the problem! A million times thank you!:)

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I know that this post is a few years old, but if you get this - just wanted to express my gratitude for your post! Ran into exactly the same issue and you saved me a lot of hassle because you already solved the problem! A million times thank you!:)
Glad it helped. Can't count the number of times a forum has bailed me out. Nice to be on the helping end for once!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts