Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This windscreen is said to be "universal" http://www.twistedthrottle.com/trade/productview/930/291/

Has anyone put this model -- Givi Airstars Windscreen (Universal A240N902 -- on a 2005 s2r or other monster? I like the look and the price is reasonable. Does it fit well? Would it hold up for long periods of riding at high(ish) speeds (70-90 mph)? Thanks for any help with this... and any relevant photos.

Andy

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
haven't put that one on....I had a Givi A750....but that one looks sharp as hell!...on the smaller side...but still cool!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Put that exact one on an 01 900 Monster and IT DID NOT FIT. They will tell you it fits around the light and it will but the front of the fairing (the point) will stick out about an inch without some serious cutting to the fairing. Even with it, the fairing is actually too small for my tastes. It does not fit well with the bike. The resiviors are not hidden it looks small next to the bars and frame. But good luck if you already bought it.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The Givi arrived yesterday and was a snap to install. I think it looks good and contrary to others' experiences, it does not stick out in the front (maybe a slight difference in size of headlight bucket on various years of Monsters? No clue). It looks good... Too flippin cold to test ride and see how stable it is at speed. Maybe this weekend I suit up and brave the elements. Thanks for your input all. Andy

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
pics of Givi a750 universal fairing on dark S2R

As promised. I like how it looks. It fits nicely and was a breeze to install. I have yet to take it on the road, but the mercury just got into the high 30s in DC, so I'm inclined to give a go. If you'd like additional pics (larger ones), send me a pm with an email address and I'll forward them.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
hey...nice A750...I thought you were going with the other smaller one though???....I know the A750 is an awesome screen...I kinda miss mine!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Right. It was a game time decision. I was equally interested in the two models, but was able confirm a good fit with this one. So I went with it. You had one so you know it actually does a nice job protecting from the wind. Saturday I went out for a 2+ hour ride in high 30's weather in DC. I was pleased with it and tested it up to 100 mph. It moves a bit, but movement seems to stabalize with greater speeds.

Cycletryst

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
cycletryst said:
Right. It was a game time decision. I was equally interested in the two models, but was able confirm a good fit with this one. So I went with it. You had one so you know it actually does a nice job protecting from the wind. Saturday I went out for a 2+ hour ride in high 30's weather in DC. I was pleased with it and tested it up to 100 mph. It moves a bit, but movement seems to stabalize with greater speeds.

Cycletryst
did you drill the extra hole in the mounting ear for the secondary bolt?...or not use the second mounting bolt down low?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for the photo, but I'm still not sure I follow. Did you somehow afix the "adjustment bolt" to the metal bracket? ???

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
cycletryst said:
Thanks for the photo, but I'm still not sure I follow. Did you somehow afix the "adjustment bolt" to the metal bracket? ???
I took the adjustment bolt off...loosened up everything and remounting the brackets for the fairing on the outside of the headlight mounting ears....adjusted it to a permanant-like position...marked it on the mounting ear....took everything off...drilled a hole in the mounting ear...bolted everything together and affixed the adjustment bolt through the ear into the bracket and once everything was tightened up...it was solid as a rock....if you want to come over at some point...I can help you out with it!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Zooom

Ok, I think I know what you were saying. Still it would be good to see what you did before taking that irreversible step and drilling. I didn't realize that we are practically neighbors. I'm in Takoma DC just a few blocks from the Takoma metro, so I'm sure you're within a few miles in SS. Once it gets a tad warmer I'll plan to swing by your way. Thanks, Andy

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
cycletryst said:
Zooom

Ok, I think I know what you were saying. Still it would be good to see what you did before taking that irreversible step and drilling. I didn't realize that we are practically neighbors. I'm in Takoma DC just a few blocks from the Takoma metro, so I'm sure you're within a few miles in SS. Once it gets a tad warmer I'll plan to swing by your way. Thanks, Andy
no problem man!...I am actually nearby to Aspen Hill area...Silver Spring is too broad a stroke for the area since it seems to stem everywhere it isn't!....but that is broad labeling for ya!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts