Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
someguy said:
Black Dahlia.

Bobspapa found that one for me online and I loved it. I'm not big into pink and lavendar and such but I also didn't want a masculine design or something plain, so it was perfect for me.

·
Premium Member
477 Posts
I like that Shoei!

This is my main helmet.

I like it because its bright and vibrant without being pastel, oh and its super comfy for me as well.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I like it too!! and the black dahlia. I've always been a "bright and vibrant" kinda person!

Red is a favorite color of mine - no wonder I wanted the Ducati with the red trellis.

Either of those helmets would go very well with my leathers (but not with my tiger tail & ears. Anyone know how to get red to co-ordinate with orange??)

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
lauramonster said:
Either of those helmets would go very well with my leathers (but not with my tiger tail & ears. Anyone know how to get red to co-ordinate with orange??)
Man, I really gotta get out on the road with you some time! Will you wear the tiger gear?? ;D I'm pretty lame compared to that! LOL

·
Registered
52 Posts
I've been looking since October for a full face helmet. I was going to get the Aria Orange Swirl cause it matched my HOG. But then I got the Duc in January and I started looking again that would go with both bikes. Finally after months of looking and trying on, I decided to find the Shoei Norick in red. I love the Native American theme and it is bright. Hubby found an extra-small on Ebay and bam it came yesterday. It feels great and looks great too. [thumbsup]

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Congrats on a great looking helmet!!

PAducatigirl - It's only the tiger ears & tail that I wear. They're glued to the helmet. Can't tell if people are looking at the bike, the noise or the tiger parts!!! Either way, they see me (and are a lot nicer to me too).

·
Registered
6 Posts
My hubby will only allow us to wear HJC. There was a huge article in (I think) Cycle World about helmets and what was the safest and it seems that HJC is the only company that tailors their padding to the helmet's size. It states that others use the same padding if it's an x-small or an x-large! I got the Pegasus in matte black with red and white to match the black the red bike and I love it. It fits good, hardly any noise, and I think it looks good too!

Attachments

·
Registered
826 Posts
Middle_Age_Monster said:
My hubby will only allow us to wear HJC. There was a huge article in (I think) Cycle World about helmets and what was the safest and it seems that HJC is the only company that tailors their padding to the helmet's size. It states that others use the same padding if it's an x-small or an x-large! I got the Pegasus in matte black with red and white to match the black the red bike and I love it. It fits good, hardly any noise, and I think it looks good too!
I wear an Arai and I know they come with different pad sizes. I have a small head and wear an XS or S lid and had to get a different cheek pad size to fit my newest lid. I would not believe a blanket statement like the one above without a link to the article. Just my 2 cents.

Mary

·
Registered
4,966 Posts
czaja said:
I wear an Arai and I know they come with different pad sizes. I have a small head and wear an XS or S lid and had to get a different cheek pad size to fit my newest lid. I would not believe a blanket statement like the one above without a link to the article. Just my 2 cents.

Mary
Even were it true, if it fits you properly, and has a DOT sticker, it should be fine....

·
Registered
826 Posts
someguy said:
Even were it true, if it fits you properly, and has a DOT sticker, it should be fine....
I am not questioning the validity of my lid.

I question the validity of the statement made by the other poster. We should not be posting statements like that without backup.

·
Registered
4,966 Posts
czaja said:
I am not questioning the validity of my lid.

I question the validity of the statement made by the other poster. We should not be posting statements like that without backup.
Whoops-I meant to quote Middle_Age_Monster

I am dumb.

·
Registered
15 Posts
SheMonster said:
OK, I resurrected this thread because my boyfriend just bought me my first "girly helmet" and I absolutely LOVE IT! To this point, all of the "off the rack" girly helmets just looked too cheesy to me. I previously had a solid matte silver Arai, very plain but did the job, this one is a 2008 Shoei Vogue in pink ;D Its so pretty and not overboard at all!!! Plus, it is SOOOOO much easier to change the face shield on the Shoei than the Arai. Thank you sweetheart! :-*

I LOVE LOVE LOVE This helmet!! This makes me want to paint my bike!! I have the black/red Monster 695 so I opted to go with the black Dalia helmet . I like it too but it's not super comfy!

41 - 59 of 59 Posts