Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

21 - 40 of 59 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,487 Posts
+1 on the idea that it's OK to paint helmets.

I painted the snot outta my helmet, and I talked to lots of people who had also done it prior to my trying it. ;D It's tough to get anything to adhere to it, let alone melt through it. Arai told me that I'd voided the warranty by doing that, but I kinda like the idea of getting a new one about every 5 years or so anyway, so I'm not too concerned about it. YMMV.

·
Premium Member
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Picked this up today. Got a great deal on it, too. I'll let you all know how it works out for me.

[attachment deleted by admin]

·
Registered
473 Posts
Shoei's got new buttefly helmets with blue or pink paint on it. Both pretty sweet.
They're in my shop, but I can't find a link online. Shoei's only got 2006 online, and these are 2007 models.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
OK, I resurrected this thread because my boyfriend just bought me my first "girly helmet" and I absolutely LOVE IT! To this point, all of the "off the rack" girly helmets just looked too cheesy to me. I previously had a solid matte silver Arai, very plain but did the job, this one is a 2008 Shoei Vogue in pink ;D Its so pretty and not overboard at all!!! Plus, it is SOOOOO much easier to change the face shield on the Shoei than the Arai. Thank you sweetheart! :-*

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
SheMonster said:
Thank you sweetheart! :-*
You're welcome honey! I'm so glad that you're happy with your new helmet! :-*

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
msincredible said:
Helmet looks sweet. [thumbsup] Love the matching avatars too. ;)
Hee hee, they only sorta match. Mine was when we were test riding one of those funky 3 wheeled Can-Am Spyders at the IMS show when it was in Phoenix. His was taken last August when we rode from Phoenix to Monterey (thank GOD for Sargent seats!) then back down the PCH Hwy. :D

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
SheMonster said:
OK, I resurrected this thread because my boyfriend just bought me my first "girly helmet" and I absolutely LOVE IT! To this point, all of the "off the rack" girly helmets just looked too cheesy to me. I previously had a solid matte silver Arai, very plain but did the job, this one is a 2008 Shoei Vogue in pink ;D Its so pretty and not overboard at all!!! Plus, it is SOOOOO much easier to change the face shield on the Shoei than the Arai. Thank you sweetheart! :-*

I absolutely LOVE this helmet, only in the silver option. I kinda wish I would have bought this one instead of my HJC, but the HJC fits me well so I really have no good excuse to replace it at this point; it's only a season old :-\
But there will be a next time! ;D

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Yeah, it doesn't really go with the red jacket you see in the pic, or my Dianese leathers which are black, red and white. Guess I'll just have to get some new leather to match ;D

Not pink though, that would be a wee bit much for me. Maybe black with gray or white.

Oh sweetie....are you listening?? :-*

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Oooh I like that one too :D

It's great that the manufacturers are starting to recognize that girls ride too. When I first started riding, the choices for gear were dismal, and it was all guy stuff. ICON had some female items, but they all looked they were better suited for a 12 year olds taste. :-\

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
DesmoD - you're not alone. I'm not into the girly things - but I applaud anyone getting a helmet they like. IT'S ALL GOOD!!! Long as we're enjoying ourselves!!

21 - 40 of 59 Posts