Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All..

I know there are quite a few female riders on the board, so hopefully someone can answer a couple of these questions:

My wife enjoys driving my (I guess our) 2002 m750ies. She is currently just wearing jeans and a non-motorcycle leather jacket, but would like to invest in some leathers. She is sort of tall, and wants something that lets people know she is a girl (curvy, tight).

She is tall, 5'11", size 6 jeans, thin waist, etc..

Any suggestions on what brand to look at? or even a good website to browse with the leathers on models? We dont have much in the area as far as supplies for women go.. just a couple of shops, and except for the harley store, nothing really for women, so it will probably have to be via online order.
Thanx

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
So the leather bustier from the Harly shop is out of the question? :'(

I've seen women in Vanson styles that are feminine yet protective. I know that's more of an East Coast thing, but they have a very good rep.

By the way, this should be on the "Gear" board.

D

·
0 Posts
Damn, moved it RIGHT when I was posting. All that typing gone *sob*.

Anyway, as I was saying... If I were her I'd get a set of leathers made by Helimot. They have females working there and know how to make leathers for the female body. And they don't lack a sense of style either.

You didn't mention price, and these aren't cheap, but they should last her a VERY long time.

later.

U

·
0 Posts
Sounds like I'm about the same size - 5'10", wear size 6. She really needs to try them on. If you go to online sizing charts, it's hard to see what the correct size would be, looking at the measurements. Have her go to a store and try them on, then you can go ahead and order online. Not many manufacturers make smaller than a size 8, though. I have a pair of FirstGear pants that are 8's and they fit well. Joe Rocket's Blaster and Alpinestar's Bat pants are also nice. Didn't buy a pair but tried them on.

Motorcycle Superstore (http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com) has good prices and fast shipping.

R

·
0 Posts
Vanson all the way. If she gets custom suit to her measurements people will know she is a girl.

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
I don't know if I should ask, but.....

does it snap at the crotch?

·
Registered
103 Posts
I love my leathers. I am also a tall, thin female, 5'10". I have a two peice set that zips together to make a suit. It's made by Gericke. Very cute for a girl. But, I hate to your wife that if she wants it for protection with all the body armour, it kind of takes away from your figure. The hip padding is by far the worst.

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts
My leather and textile pants do nothing for my figure, they are bulky, but the mesh pants I have fit alot better.
But I figure I am riding , not competing in a fashion show, and I already have my man, so I don't need to impress anyone but him!

·
Premium Member
2,952 Posts
I was just checking LPUSA on Ebay last night and they had a load of womens Spidi suits in different sizes for cheap opening bids.

That's where I got my daughter's leathers and an extra set of sport touring leathers for myself at Christmas. ($300 each for hers and mine - opening bids on each won the auction)

The Spidi Women's "Hook" set is cut for women and looks very nice as well as being well padded with CE armor.

·
Registered
441 Posts
MMMMM...Tiger Angel.

M

·
0 Posts
Alpinestars. Lots of womens' styles- 1 or 2 piece suits, or you can buy jackets and pants individually. They also make womens boots and gloves. Top quality, and you can get them from your local dealer. www.alpinestars.com .

S

·
0 Posts
I hate to butt in on this thread but where do all the ladies that are 5'10" and taller and wear a size six and ride Monsters hiding? I'm tall (6'3") have a 33" waist and would love to meet someone with similar inerests and build, I don't suppose we could create a section for single people to chat and perhaps meet? :D
P.S. Let me know if I'm out of line here.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I hate to butt in on this thread but where do all the ladies that are 5'10" and taller and wear a size six and ride Monsters hiding? I'm tall (6'3") have a 33" waist and would love to meet someone with similar inerests and build, I don't suppose we could create a section for single people to chat and perhaps meet? :D
P.S. Let me know if I'm out of line here.
Sorry dude, I married the only one I could find :)

·
Registered
441 Posts
I think they

1 - 20 of 22 Posts