Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well tomorrow is the day my girl goes to pick up her Monster. Well I am going to go pick it up for her :)

She is getting a 1997 M750 Silver with just under 6k miles on it. It belongs (belonged) to a friend of mine who has not ridden it at all in the last three years. He was gonna register it and then he bought a house. He was gonna register it but didnt have time. He was gonna register it but now with the new baby on the way. He is gonna sell it (sold) to me err my gf.

It is going to need its 6k mile service and an overall (I need a service manual .pdf style) hint hint ;) looking for one for free but if I have to pay I have to pay.

The bike was never beat on nor has it ever been down, I believe it was dropped once but dropped with no damage at all anywhere to speak of, worst part of the bike is where the "battery" decided to leak onto the frame and discolor it :'( will have to see if I can remedy that. He had the carbs jetted and has the airbox mods and highflow filter but he has a crap exhaust for it, will have to core the stock pipes or something (its up to her though) I know he has a new larger rear sprocket (I helped put it on)

I am sure the bike will need new tires, new belts, a valve adjustment, engine flush and fuel flush, chain clean and lube and a good waxing. not to mention cables lubed and swap out the old brake fluid and blinker fluid. I might also change the air in the tires ;)

Wish us luck.

ps I am hoping to get my Monster late this spring but we will see how the finances pan out.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well its official the girl owns a Ducati Monster 750. I rode it home today from said friends house (about a ten minute ride) it was freezing out, a good reminder of why I dont ride until its nice and warm out. All things considered the bike ran quite well for not haven been driven in about three years.

pics will prob come tomorrow ;D

trying to convince girl to register on the DML but appears that she is going to need some provoking.

·
Premium Member
6,906 Posts
sconly said:
<snip>
trying to convince girl to register on the DML but appears that she is going to need some provoking.
Have her check out the Monster Women board. She might like that as a place to hang out. (moreso than NMC, for sure.)

·
Premium Member
4,036 Posts
Congrats and enjoy, looks like she's already having fun. [thumbsup]

·
Registered
37 Posts
;D the girl's name is Anita.... and that's ME! Hi everyone! :) I finally registered and thought I'd post up and say hello. I can't wait to get started on getting the bike cleaned up and ready for the new riding season. Yay!

·
Registered
4,494 Posts
bunnymonster said:
I can't wait to get started on getting the bike cleaned up and ready for the new riding season. Yay!
...and the mods....and the hours on the DML...etc.

Welcome to the Monster and the DML!

·
Premium Member
6,906 Posts
Welcome to the DML!

Oh, and you can kiss any spare cash and free time you might have now goodbye. [laugh] [laugh]

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.