Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I didn't trade my '99 M750, so I'm going to spend a little on her. I need some ideas, here's what I currently have:

- Termi carbon cans (starting to show heat damage, so suggestions on custom exhaust would be welcome

- TBR clip-ons

- Integrator & eliminator

- Resprung front & rear

Give me some ideas for cosmetic & performance both and an idea on cost, I'm going go replace my bellypan as it finally smacked the pavement one too many times and my 'blown off' seat cover ~

Thanks for the input!

JM

Attachments

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
new mirrors = 130 for CRGs

tail chop = 10 bucks

remove reflectors, stickers, side panels = free

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Uh Oh....I just installed the same belly pan.....if it smacks the pavement Ill be pissed! Think Ill be tightening up the suspension today.
Sweet bike, hi-pipes and get rid of those side covers!

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Are the side panels you refer to those triangular gray thingies that I don't have any idea why they're there?

Any cheaper options for mirrors? $130 is a bit steep for a mirror

I like the idea of high pipes, what am I looking at cost wise?

Tail chop has been done, all you see back there is a carbon thing that holds my tag.

--> rgramjet - My belly pan only hit when riding 2-up, so you're probably fine. Big bumps will compress the suspension enough to smack the pavement, and when cornering aggressively 2-up, it will drag ~

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I do love the sound of my Termi's, but I've never re-packed a muffler. Is this a kit or something I can order for this? I do my own valve services, should I be able to re-pack a muffler?

JM

EDIT: Just read up on some other posts here in repacking. Sounds like I'm going for a header-tape style re-pack >:D

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
the_journeyman said:
Are the side panels you refer to those triangular gray thingies that I don't have any idea why they're there?

Any cheaper options for mirrors? $130 is a bit steep for a mirror

I like the idea of high pipes, what am I looking at cost wise?

Tail chop has been done, all you see back there is a carbon thing that holds my tag.

--> rgramjet - My belly pan only hit when riding 2-up, so you're probably fine. Big bumps will compress the suspension enough to smack the pavement, and when cornering aggressively 2-up, it will drag ~
1) Yes, those are the side panels.
2) Motrax has CRG barend mirror look-alikes for $59.
3)Tail chop = no "carbon thing."

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OK, got it on the tail chop
Thanks for the heads up on the Mirrors too!!! [thumbsup]
Side panels shouldn't be a problem ~

*calls ahead to warn toolbox of inpending duties

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
You could do the carb vent pod removal. the grey triangles near the forks on the frame. TPO parts makes a kit. I just got mine in but haven't done it yet. The cost isn't big, its just some hosing. Cleans up the frame some more.

I have the opinion that the less plastic on the bike, the better.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'll look into the kit for the vent pods, didn't realize there was a use for them ~

The frame is black metallic, could I get away with gloss black on the rear sets? If I buff the clear coat, can I just paint the aluminum w/o issue?

JM

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
the_journeyman said:
I'll look into the kit for the vent pods, didn't realize there was a use for them ~

The frame is black metallic, could I get away with gloss black on the rear sets? If I buff the clear coat, can I just paint the aluminum w/o issue?

JM
sand, scotch-brite, rattle-can

and by side-panels i meant the panels under the seat ... but yeah those little vent pods should go away too.

·
Premium Member
1,941 Posts
The Quad D high mount pipes look pretty good. However if you can do your own valve adjustments then you should be able to repack an exhaust with no sweat.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Nice, ya'll are some helpful folks, I've made a list of some things to do. I've already got one of the rear sets off and and working it up to paint along with my project bike's tank.

I'm checking into getting the stuff to re-pack my pipes. Has anyone experimented with header taping the perforated pipe inside the muffler then sliding a pipe over the tape & welding it in place? I've definantly doing the header tape, but would consider the pipe if it wouldn't be just plain obnoxious loud ~

JM

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
is that thing sticking up above your triple clamp the fork?

if so your front looks like its been lowered about 2 inches, which could be why your belly pan is scraping.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Ditto on what everyone else has already recommended. [thumbsup]

Plus Hailing from NC. you be well served with a 14-tooth front sprocket. >:D [thumbsup]

Open up (Dremmel) the front sprocket cover, ditch the frame stickers, and get that gal a full set of sliders! ;)

She's pretty monochromatic for a yellow duc............Think subtle color variances (lightly contrasting, yet complimentary) in your additional mods. :)

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
Spend a few minutes (or hours) lookin' over the Past Featured Monsters. That should do the trick!

Oh, and a big +1 for FCR's (flat-slide carbs!)

·
Banned
7,484 Posts
For even cheaper mirrors, you can get a third eye mirror at REI (for bicycles). There are a couple of posts about mountin' em and what sort of vision you get with them.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts