Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about getting some new tires for my s4rs. It has Michelin Pilot Powers on it now. My 2006 s2r has Pirelli Diablo Corsa IIIs which i really like.

Any suggestions as far as favorite/best manufacturers? (Pirelli, Dunlop, etc)
or maybe even a favorite tire?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
312 Posts
AS i seen the perelli and the michelin are very comperable. i had both for a longs stint even had the pilot power 2ct's. Personally i would use the Perelli if i had the money lol. But i like the 2ct's the best. Great comuter milage but real awsome twistie grip. same with the corsa III's just a bit softer in the center.

·
Registered
635 Posts
I am thinking about getting some new tires for my s4rs. It has Michelin Pilot Powers on it now. My 2006 s2r has Pirelli Diablo Corsa IIIs which i really like.

Any suggestions as far as favorite/best manufacturers? (Pirelli, Dunlop, etc)
or maybe even a favorite tire?

Thanks
If the climate where you live/ride is dry, go with Michelin or Continental or Avon; had the Pirelli's as OEM, didn't last more than 3500mls. If your climate is changing from dry to wet then go with Dunlop RoadSmart or Metzeler. My Dunlops have some 5000mls on and if it were not because of the accident back in January, they'd be good for at least 3500 more miles. Great in wet and dry.

My 0.02

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
I've had Metzelers. Bridgestones, Pirellis and Michelins. I liked the feel of the Bridgestones best but for all round grip and longevity can't beat the Michelin 2CT's. I managed only 3000 kilometres on the Pirellis, the Metzelers and Bridgestones were a bit better at 4500 kms but the Michelin 2CT's are hanging in at 6000 kms.

·
Premium Member
312 Posts
But it depends on what you drive more, Comute or trail ripping. if your a commuter def go for the 2ct or the metzlers. if your more into the crazy turn by turn action 75% of the time go with bridgestone. but if your a 50/50 driver do alot of driving before you get to the racing do the 2ct's. my opinion.lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts