Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally received the belt covers I ordered from Germany, gave the guy my bike info, and asked for a set that was not polished. They looked perfect, very solid and well made, so went to I try to put them on my bike, and I see all kinds of fitment issues that makes me positive these were made for another model bike w/ longer belt covers. I tried to contact the vendor to clarify the mistake but it's been a week with no reply, so I guess my question here is...Do these covers fit an older model bike (900 for example) or are all 2V monster belt covers identical? I will post some pics to illustrate the point.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So these will fit a 900? I have no problem selling them on dml, but I want to make sure I can get the 750 covers from these guys, they seem to not be responding at all...

·
Premium Member
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If the german guys don't respond, I will post it on the parts for sale section, but so you know, I paid 250 euros for them and they took about 2 months to arrive. I plan on getting an identical set for my 750 and was hoping they would agree to an exchange. The post was to see if they were indeed made for another bike, so that if they fail to respond for an exchange, I'll know who to sell them to. I'll let you know what happens, but in the mean time, thanks for clearing up what bike these will fit.

·
Premium Member
2,326 Posts
did you get them off eBay? or from his website? I ask because the only ones I seen him sell on eBay in that particular style were for 900s. 2001Cromo has those same for his 900.

Only fitment issue I had for mine (620) was that I needed to find one longer screw to make them fit. Which I think was found either in Home Depot or in a bicycle shop.

-michelle

·
Premium Member
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I contacted him through ebay, but specified by bike model in the email. It's not a matter of longer screws, since the holes actually don't align correctly, and comparing them to my stock covers, they're just not the right size. The transaction was done through paypal directly w/o ebay. And more than a week later, he's failed to respond, so looks like I'll sell them soon. Too bad, because I'd love a set for my 750.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts