Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thats right! the last two weeks we have been moveing and setting up IN ITS OWN BUILDING [no more harley!] ducati, bmw, and triumph. nov 20th we are opening service and parts. sales and motor cloths will be opening a week later. we are next to chrysler, jeep on conneticut blvd in east hartford ct.

i am curious if anyone would be interested in takeing a class taught by us "how to perform ducati services"? it would includes valve adjustment, throttle body sync, change oil, change timing belts, ect... we are also looking into a riders safety class, but its still in the air.

-Doug

·
Registered
3,075 Posts
omegared81 said:
thats right! the last two weeks we have been moveing and setting up IN ITS OWN BUILDING [no more harley!] ducati, bmw, and triumph. nov 20th we are opening service and parts. sales and motor cloths will be opening a week later. we are next to chrysler, jeep on conneticut blvd in east hartford ct.

i am curious if anyone would be interested in takeing a class taught by us "how to perform ducati services"? it would includes valve adjustment, throttle body sync, change oil, change timing belts, ect... we are also looking into a riders safety class, but its still in the air.

-Doug
hey doug, congratulations on the move in!
i'm curious what the motive is for duc dealer teaching a class on maintenance?
don't they make most of their $ on service...

·
Premium Member
1,579 Posts
I'd be interested. I've done my own valves once but it couldn't hurt to go over it again, and I'm holding off the throttle bodies till spring (bike is running fine right now, about to put 'er up).

David B.

·
Banned
402 Posts
DuCaTiNi said:
i'm curious what the motive is for duc dealer teaching a class on maintenance?
don't they make most of their $ on service...
That's easy - they teach people like me how to do stuff, then I forget and make a massive mess of it, then they get a much bigger repair job than they would if I had just paid them in the first place.

But seriously, it sounds like a fun class and I'm interested.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
caboteria said:
That's easy - they teach people like me how to do stuff, then I forget and make a massive mess of it, then they get a much bigger repair job than they would if I had just paid them in the first place.

But seriously, it sounds like a fun class and I'm interested.
hahaha! thats great i love it! yeah services are money for us. but the class is more, its a way for us to meet you, and you guys to meet us. also for you to see the dealership and get comfortable in it and IN US. you also get more comfortable and confident in the bike you are rideing and ducati. yeah we are there to make money, but we care about the customers more. i have a few customers i know by name, they call me when ever they have a question or a problem or just to talk and i love that, it more personal that way.

our service manager is don from canton cycle [bmw/ triumph] if anyone knows people from canton.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
oh by the way we store bike for the winter if anyone is interested. we change the oil, put stabilizer in the gas tank, and do a safety inspection. the bike stays inside the whole time.

·
Registered
401 Posts
I would be in for the class as well. My Dealer is an hour from me.

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
well if i still had my monster i would be overly enthused but yeah id be down to check it out anyway. seeing as i might be steppin up to a 749 or 999. let us know when you guys have a good idea of when

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
crazyirish101 said:
well if i still had my monster i would be overly enthused but yeah id be down to check it out anyway. seeing as i might be steppin up to a 749 or 999. let us know when you guys have a good idea of when
we are going to hold a class for every engine type [2 and 4 valves], so you can take a class for your desmo.

·
Registered
401 Posts
I am heading to Gengras on sat to check out the new digs [thumbsup]

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
cool. make sure some one shows you around. if you wamt yoou can find me and i will. sat are ussually slow.

-Doug

·
Registered
8,324 Posts
Doug,

Is Bruce going to be involved in your seminars?

·
Registered
401 Posts
omegared81 said:
cool. make sure some one shows you around. if you wamt yoou can find me and i will. sat are ussually slow.

-Doug
Are you a salesman? I will be rocking my black Ducati hat I got off of DML. If you see me say hi.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ducpainter said:
Doug,

Is Bruce going to be involved in your seminars?
we were THINKING about asking him, but nothing is set in stone.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
theDucman said:
Are you a salesman? I will be rocking my black Ducati hat I got off of DML. If you see me say hi.
iim a technician. have someone show you around when you get there.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts