Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Re: Geico and Progressive both overpriced me i thi

mine was like 1800 for progressive, and geico wont insure my bike for some reason. how old are you, and what bike do you have? have u been in any accidents that were your fault in the last 5 years? any tickets or DUI's?

·
Premium Member
1,488 Posts

Keep calling around, do web searches, ask for referrals. I called 17 different places before getting insurance on my Monster. Take your time and you can get a deal...

G

·
Discussion Starter #4

Was that an online quote, or through an agent?

·
Registered
1,305 Posts

Holy Crap! USAA is only raising my insurance $45/6 months when I make the jump from the M620 to the S4R.

For $1800, I've got two cars, a bike, and two fire policies!!

·
Registered
584 Posts

LOL, yeah, my M900 is $125/year through Progressive.
Dion

·
Registered
472 Posts

holy cow...Progressive was 897 a year for my 02 s4 full coverage 1k deduct....33 yrs

geico was 500 hundo deduct same stats for 12 hundo...

if I can get for under a hundo a month then I wont sneeze at it...this is california quote.

G

·
Discussion Starter #9

i'm 21, no wrecks, nothing. i have a kwak ninja 250 now with geico, and now i'm switching (trading) up to a monster 750 '01... i know it takes until 25 to stop being called a snot-nosed 16 year old street-racer. i mean i drive hella responsibly! it pisses me off :(
i just got a quote from a progressive dude for $1500 for a year with nice coverage. $348 every 4 months i think... thats not bad.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts

I go through Dairyland, and I have a 500 Deductable..my yearly is like $550

G

·
Discussion Starter #11

dang.. i'm glad I waited on getting a bike. StateFarm has treated me right for years.

$1000/yr for 2000 Mustang GT
$350/yr for 2002 Ducati 750D
$xxx/yr for House (brand new and I dont see the bill)

cant remember my dud but I'm usually a hair over insured and i'm 33. Getting old and crufty has its benefits.

·
Premium Member
1,305 Posts

Try McGRAW. THEY BEAT EVERYONE ELSE FOR ME HERE IN NORCAL. $550 a year for 2001 m900 and 2000 harley flht Also rider safety course, ama membership add discounts to policy[my price is without these though]

·
Registered
377 Posts

State Farm!

99 M900 for $205/yr with 500/500 deduct. But i am i Pennsylvania so they probably figure in limited riding during winter.

$426/yr for homeowners.

I am 35 with one claim on the Duc.

·
Registered
294 Posts

I pay $187 a month for a S4 car and a truck. With a $250 deductible. I use State Farm.

·
Registered
97 Posts

LOL, yeah, my M900 is $125/year through Progressive.
Dion
damn! i'm down i tucson and i cant ever get a quote less than a grand a year from progressive and geico. do you have an agent?
i go with state farm, ~500 a year, full coverage. As far as getting a good quote goes, i think it also has a lot to do with your zip code. i know that sounds ridiculous, but insurance companies assume you are more likely to get into a wreck living in a more heavily populated area. so, if you have a grandma or uncle who lives in the suburbs or a small town near you, see if you can use their address. it could save you some $.

G

·
Discussion Starter #18

i went with the first quote i recieved: $311/year in baltimore city. M750 and it's my first bike (i was 24 when i signed up). I have insurance (full/ 250 ded on both) thru progressive ONLINE. Please note that from what I've gathered on this forum you will get different quotes from a Progressive agent (human) and the progressive Online (computer) -- always seeming like the Online version spits out a much lower quote.
Anyways, I pay about $26 a month.

Stuart

·
Registered
1,836 Posts

I pay $76/ year through progressive for my 620 and I am 20 years old with a ticket - min. coverage though.

·
Premium Member
1,305 Posts

here in CA I pay around $60/mo. for the M750
Californicate issurance prices suck the chrome off the bone! We pay higher rates here than most other parts of the country.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts