0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
In Tec specs. Following is stated:
Ratios: 1st 37/15, 2nd 30/17, 3rd 27/20, 4th 24/22, 5th 23/24, 6th 24/28

·
Banned
3,931 Posts
Once you have all of this speed information, what do you expect to do with it?

Besides figuring the gear ratios from the numbers you've posted, you would have to also figure out the ratio from the sprockets and chain, which would be something like 15/38 (here you divide the second number by the first; for gearing, divide the first by the second), then the circumference of your rear tire, then you could calculate engine speed in a particular gear relative to bike speed. Anyone who has passed a physics course should have the skills to do this.

I consider that all too much work. You have a tachometer. Use it to figure out speed in gears. If the redline is 9000 rpms, you can always go to 4500 rpms and figure that the top speed in that gear is twice as fast. Or go to 3000 and multiply by 3.

When I'm doing serious riding I don't look at the speedometer OR the tachometer. I'm always too busy looking at the road ahead.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've got a spreadsheet (which I cannot take credit for creating) which should show you what you want. Happily, it's currently got all the number for a stock M1000 in it. Fire me your email address and I'll send it to you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts