Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My worst "close call" today, I rounded a turn marked 25mph ~80mph and as I'm getting on it on the straight, I see what I think is an irrigation hose going across the road, I got on the brakes a little but didn't wanna hit it while braking, I scrubbed off about 25mph or so, l;uckily as I loosened up to hit it the impact was uneventful as the "hose" was actually a few hundred yards of very thin netting! and I sailed over it w/o problems. I SO thought I was gonna be flying sans bike though!! Here's a crappy phone pic:

I also had a stop sign creep up on me today and heard the front tire squeel a little as I was panic stopping! I let off a tiny bit and got on the rear and was able to stop in time though. I got home and found a loose chain tensioner ala raul duke style! I can see where it made contact with the rear rotor a couple times..... Between those three things, I'm lucky I didn't travis today!

·
Registered
541 Posts
Coulda fooled me. Glad you ok man.

·
Premium Member
2,219 Posts
"glad i didn't travis..."

*taps foot*
we are not amused

actually, i'm glad you didn't go down either. too many of us have doen that.

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts
yeah, we don't need anyone else going down.....remember fall and winter bring many road hazards, and when the temps drop...be careful, cause those tires aren't gonna warm up and stay warmed up to fast!!!

Be careful everyone!!!!

Justin, glad you made it thru!!

·
Premium Member
1,764 Posts
just be glad it wasnt after they were there.. that sh!t splatters and is slippery

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Indefatigable said:
I came around a corner outside of Woodstown and found a bunch of cows standing in the road back in the spring. They even had an attitude.
I think I know where you're talking about, I know of 2 cattle crossings, one near woodstwon and one outside of alloway on the way to elmer.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah matter of fact a ride found us there begining of the season if it's the place I'm thinking of, end of a road with a couple single wide trailers across the street?

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Negative, I guess I'm talking about a different place, the place I'm thinking of was more over towards Gandy's Beach/ Newport area now that I think more about it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts