Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
According to the Rizoma web-site (and multiple others, as well), these billet gauge visors will only fit older M900s. Unable to accept this, I decided to pick them up and give them a try on my 2002 750. I figured I could just sell 'em on ebay if they didn't work. Well, they didn't...that is until I got the courage to take the dremel to them and make 'em fit! It was a bit nerve-racking at first, but a few beers later I was going to town. It was a bit tricky, but once I figured out what had to be done, it was fairly straight forward.

And don't worry about that triple...the risers will be off by this weekend!
Eric

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
And don't worry about that triple...the risers will be off by this weekend!
Eric
I hope a different method than a few beers and the dremel :)

The visors look nice.

mitt

·
Registered
269 Posts
Hey Eric,I really like that look! How much of a PITA was the dremeling? How do they mount to the gauges?
Thanks, Mark

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

The visors are supposed to mount by screwing off the gauge bezel, slipping the visor on, and screwing it back on. The '02 (and other years, i assume) have a one piece cluster cover. The lip had to be removed (RED LINES) on the visors to get them to a) fit AROUND the bezel instead of under it (only along the RED areas), b) slip over the sides and c)to sit flush against the center area. The light cover had to be modified (BLUE) because the radius of the bezels has now effectively been changed (+1/8").

Mine are held in place by the one piece cluster cover. The left lip is still on the left visor and vice versa for the right one. The RED areas are actually sitting on top of the cluster, while the non-colored portions are sandwiched below.

I'm taking the cluster off tonight to remove the top triple...I can take some pictures to help explain everything better, if you'd like.

Eric

·
Registered
269 Posts
Eric, a couple of pics with the cluster off would be a big help.
Thanks, Mark

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hopefully these pics will help to clarify what i was trying to explain. You can see the lip on the visor which had to be removed to allow for it to sit on top of the cluster while the lip portion left behind goes behind the cluster. Some height had to be removed (ARROW) to allow the visor to sit flush with the surface.

...and here is the modified center warning light cover...the red indicated the approximate original size

...all to yield this...

·
Registered
287 Posts
Hey!

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Mirrors are Rizoma Circuit 851...available at Motostrano and Motowheels (on sale at Motostrano right now). I really can't comment on the functionality, yet, since I haven't ridden w/ them. I'm currently waiting for the NY DMV to schedule a salvage vehicle exam...bike was purchased w/ a salvage title. The only riding I've done (up until the cold/snow here in PA) was up and down my dead-end street...and I really didn't need to use the mirrors at all for that

·
Registered
269 Posts
Eric, thanks for the pics, really clears up the process. How difficult was it to get the cluster apart? Any tips or tricks?
Thanks again, Mark

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
love the color - looks much better on your bike than it does on the nassan!
Thanks Howie! Compliments are always welcome (criticisms too...we're all entitled to our own opinion)...

The cluster is simple...1 little phillips screw for the center warning light cover and 1 torx head (T-10) holding the cluster to the pods. 1 suggestion/warning...I used a torx bit that goes on a 1/4 drive ratchet. Once the visors are installed, the bit isn't long enough to fully tighten the torx screw w/out contacting (and scratching) the visors. If available, use an angle style (think allen key) to reinstall, or do what I did and replace it w/ a screw. Good luck!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts