Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So you had a little mishap and broke the glass/plastic covering your gauge cluster and dont want to spend $600 on a new cluster (newer bikes). Assuming the cluster still works fine... witch mine did/does maybe I can help ya out. Just get out your Dremel... your hot glue gun... and a your 1/8 plexi glass and go to town. You need to use the dremel to remove the old glass and grind down the plastic to form a "lip" to hold in the new piece. Then you just hot glue the new peice and wha la... you just made your junk cluster look good enough to hold you off until you can find a good deal on a new piece. Ok.. so its not really THAT easy... but if anyone needs the details just ask. My cluster had actually broken in half around the black plastic ring towards the top so I had to repair that as well and repaint the black plastic piece. I think it looks pretty good and will definately get me by until I can obtain a new piece.

Before:

After:

Sitting on the bike you cant even tell... but its definately not perfect. Its much better than riding around with the gauges exposed.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Oh, that's so cool - your needles both point at zero! :p

Sorry, sounding like a broken record here.

·
Premium Member
2,952 Posts
Good repair job. I really like those bars/risers, too. What kind are they? What had to be done to the triple clamp?

·
Premium Member
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the compliments guys.... I figure I might as well post all these little repairs and improvments im doing since this sight is fairly young. Soon well have a huge archive of good info that im sure every now and then will be VERY helpful to someone.

The Clip-ons are cycle-cats mounted above the triple. Here is the link to all the info on the modded triple clamp. http://www.ducatimonster.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=parts;action=display;num=1061359725

·
Premium Member
6,906 Posts
If you'd be willing to do a more detailed write-up and can send any additional "in between" pics, I'll format it up for a FAQ and add it to the library.

[In the interests of full disclosure, I have a cracked lens and would like to replace it instead of coughing up who knows how much $$$ to replace.]

·
Premium Member
2,952 Posts
While we're pumping you for details (a sure sign it looks great when everyone wants to know exactly how to copy it) -

I take it those are Cycle Cat clipons/risers designed for Monsters, which they intended to go under the top triple according to their online catalog?

How much did you have to raise the forks to get them flush in the riser clamps?

Did that drastically alter turning characteristics?

And last, but not least, how is the bar postion compared to stock?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
While we're pumping you for details (a sure sign it looks great when everyone wants to know exactly how to copy it) -

I take it those are Cycle Cat clipons/risers designed for Monsters, which they intended to go under the top triple according to their online catalog?

·
Premium Member
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If you'd be willing to do a more detailed write-up and can send any additional "in between" pics, I'll format it up for a FAQ and add it to the library.

[In the interests of full disclosure, I have a cracked lens and would like to replace it instead of coughing up who knows how much $$$ to replace.]
Sorry man. I have bad habit of not taking "in between" pics. Ill be sure with my future repairs or upgrades to take more pics. I can tell ya exactly what I did though and maybe you could take some pics of your repair. Let me know if you want any more details.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts