Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I just replaced my clutch slave cylinder due to a blowout and now I have an oil leak. I think the leaking slave got brake fluid on the seal to the engine and ate it. My question is this: how hard is it to change the outer left cover seal ? (not the tiny one with 2 screws) Any help appreciated.

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
I assume you mean the small seal around the shift shaft?

I haven't had the sidecover off my Duc, but I think you'll have to pull it off to replace that seal. A Clymer manual would probably provide you with a good procedure.

Possibly what appears to be a leak is leftover brake fluid from the blowout?

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The one I mean is the big side cover on the left that the shifter goes through. The seal is leaking oil. I guess Ill buy a manual a little sooner than I was going to if no one has any insight.

G

·
when i purchased my monster (used), rode it and noticed oil leaking a little.. upon further investigation, found cover screws loose.. seated them, everything fine now.. hope this helps

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Chris, when I posted this (Dont everyone respond at once now!) 25 people looked at the topic and didnt comment. Someone asks if bunny ears would be cool on the bike and you get 50 responses in 10 seconds. Anyway, you took the time to respond and still didnt give me input to my question. All I wanted was a decent answer from someone who knows so I didnt have to ask the stealer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts