Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any problem with running gas containing gas stabilzer? I'm down to riding my bike once every week or two. I've already done my final oil change before putting the bike up for the winter. Will stablizer contaminate the oil and theoretically have any negative consequences.

·
Premium Member
924 Posts
Only way it gets in the oil is if you pour it in the wrong hole. But , no it won't hurt anything. I am a mechanic with a major rental co., and we run stabiliser in every gallon of gas that goes into anything.

·
Premium Member
2,248 Posts
IMO the problem is the running part, but not with the stabilizer. You stated that you had done the final oil change before putting it away for the winter. Once you do the oil change you shouldn't ride/run it. The reason for the oil change before putting it away is to have clean oil in the crankcase while it's in storage. The theory is that the combustion process will contaminate the oil and cause problems with the engine internals while it's sitting unused.
I always do an oil change the day I put it up for the winter as well as taking out the battery and putting it on a tender.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts