Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
while my bike is idling, it smells strongly of gas...is this something I can get fixed when I have the 600m service?

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
while my bike is idling, it smells strongly of gas...is this something I can get fixed when I have the 600m service?
Probably set a bit rich, which is unusual. The dealer can adjust the 'trim' on the ECU at your 600 service.

BUT, do check it for visible leaks of raw fuel when it's sitting.

Also check to make sure it's not leaking raw fuel out either of the vent or overflow hoses.

What kind of gas mileage are you getting?

·
Premium Member
2,406 Posts
When this happened to me it was because of battery acid having eaten away at the fuel line/system. You might want to check on that as well while your down there.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What kind of gas mileage are you getting?
I haven't seen any fuel leaking and it seems to only smell while warming up. I get about 36 mpg (S4R)

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
OK, it will be a little rich until it warms up. Sounds like the gas smell goes away once it's up to temperature?

Your mileage is reasonable for a nearly new, still pretty tight motor.

G

·
Did you do the emissions mod already? I noticed a little more gas smell after I removed the canister but it's not bad.

G

·
Doubt it very much, but you may want to check the position of your gas lines. After some minor maintanence at a knuckle-head dealer, i had lines resting on my rear header pipe. No fire fortunately, but it had a strong gaseous smell.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts