Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can Someone tell me how many miles you can roughly get out of one tank of gas on a monster 620 dark

doesn't have to be exact or anything Im talkin' round town and freeway miles if it matters

Or maybe my first mod will be a gas gauge......sheeeesh

·
Premium Member
241 Posts
You will get about 150 miles before the low fuel light goes on . After every fill up reset the trip odometer you will get used to how far you will be able to go. I dont know about a fuel gauge most bikes dont have them. Some have a valve that you turn when you run out and that gives you about .75 gallons to get to a gas station. The best one that i have seen has been a second trip odometer that starts when the low fuel lamp goes on in case you didnt notice the lamp. Tim

·
Premium Member
1,488 Posts
I think it will depends on how you ride. On my 800 I typically get about 120 mile per tank. I've personally seen my mileage vary from 90 miles per tank to 175. Riding style and terrain definitely played into both of those factors. I'd say 150 would be VERY good mileage for a tank of gas on any Monster.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've got an '03 620. I get about 120-130 miles of "spirited" riding before my light comes on and goes off. I've never let it go to a solid light. Filling up I usually put about 2.5 - 2.75 gallons in. About 49mpg when I checked it.

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
My light usually comes on at about 120 or so, I've once gone as far as 150, and ended up putting 3.6 gallons in. That meant it had about 3/4 of a gallon left, obviously coulda gone further, but I'm not fond of pushing...

·
Premium Member
752 Posts
usually around 110 per. i've ran out of gas twice on my previous bike, so i don't push the mileage too much.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
you guys are stylin'. i typically get about 100 miles
on the S4R before the fuel light goes on. (yeah i
know ... if i had a gold brick i'd complain about how
heavy it was)

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
where are you guys getting < 150 miles per tank? maybe I should try out an S4R to see if weight makes a big difference... I get 190 before the fuel light comes on. I've gone 205 before filling up.

·
Premium Member
752 Posts
where are you guys getting < 150 miles per tank? maybe I should try out an S4R to see if weight makes a big difference... I get 190 before the fuel light comes on. I've gone 205 before filling up.
yeah, i'm a fat ba$tard (well not really 200# 6FT) and i'm on the same bike as you. not to mention i usually keep the rpms up there :p

only if i had the loot for an S4R...

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
On my M620 with a 14T front sprocket and some other mods, I got about 52mpg.

On my first tank with the stock S4R, I'm getting 36.7mpg.

·
Registered
461 Posts
I get about 120 miles on the M620D before the light goes on. In California oxidants in the gasoline lower gas mileage noticably. Probably not by 20%, but certainly by 10%. Once I get out of the state, mileage goes up on all of my bikes.

-Don

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ride hard on my M800 >= 100 miles
ride regular on my M800 >=120 miles
ride completely on freeways >=140 miles

*>= less then or equal to

I think M620 has a little bit better Gas/Mileage. Even my 996 has just about 10-15% worst then my M800.

·
Premium Member
1,488 Posts
Daffe, are you sure your mileage is accurate? If the speedo is fast it could seem like you're getting higher mileage. Even at your size I have a hard time believing you could go that far on a single tank of gas on a Monster...

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Daffe, are you sure your mileage is accurate? If the speedo is fast it could seem like you're getting higher mileage. Even at your size I have a hard time believing you could go that far on a single tank of gas on a Monster...
well see most of us add a good 50% to the weight of the bike. Daffe looks like he is a bit heavier than a tank bag and pretty streamlined. He probably gets much better milage ;-)

me, i'm 230ish, and 6' 3". I lift weights so my upperbody is nothing but a good air brake. I need a 14T front sprocket just to get my lard arse moving from a stop light!

·
Premium Member
241 Posts
I used the 150 mile figure because that is what my friends S4 gets when we go riding.His bike has stock gearing (tall) .I figured the 620 would be about the same or better. We are in Delaware not a lot of hills. Tim

·
Registered
69 Posts
Ah, gas mileage. My most favorite subject! From previous threads, it appears that Monsters - even of the same engine type - are all over the place when it comes to fuel range. My M800 is famously at the low end of the scale; typically the warning light comes on after about 78 miles. Seems there are two reasons for this. 1) My miles per gallon is a lousy 29 average. 2) My low fuel light comes on when there's still 1.3 gallons left in the tank, which is much earlier than it should.

The pessimistic warning light is easy to live with, but I'm determined to figure out the cause of my poor fuel consumption as soon as spring riding season gets here. It's ruining my Monster Experience.

So the answer to the original posted question? YMMV - quite literally...

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
even at 10% error, i'd be getting 168 miles before the light comes on. I've gone 195 miles before the light turned on before (long distance riding) so with 10% error that'd be around 176 miles or so.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts