Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, just wondering if this is happening to any of you - there's plenty of posts about when the empty tank light goes on.. however my problem is that my light goes on even if my tank is full.. it really turnes on/off randomly during the whole time I ride the whole tank.. any ideas what is wrong? ???

My bike: '02 monster 750, 4K miles

thanks

·
Premium Member
2,089 Posts
I'm pretty sure all the gas lights blink as a warning, sounds like your tank level sensor isn't functioning properly so it's always reading an empty tank.

Justin

·
Premium Member
1,008 Posts
On my '99 m750, the sensor never worked reliably. Just fill it up every 100 miles or so.

This is an italian bike, remember. The electrics are suspect immediately. ;D

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
If my bike (s2r) sits in the sun on a hot (90+) day the light comes on and stays on for no reason at all... Once the bike is driven a few miles it goes off... and when its cool... it never does that except when i have .5 gallons in the tank :)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys.. seems like nobody has the same problem. I guess I'll just let it be for now and if it'll start bothering me more, I'll replace that sensor. [thumbsup]

·
Banned
402 Posts
Uroplatus said:
If my bike (s2r) sits in the sun on a hot (90+) day the light comes on and stays on for no reason at all...
My bike must be your bike's alter ego. My fuel light goes on sometime in October and stays on 'till May but it seems to work OK in the summer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts