Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Would anyone have some pictures on where/how to mount the Garmin 550 on the 2009 1100s?

It seems really tight if I were to use the mounts that came with the unit.

Any help would really be appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

Joefab

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
lol you know what's funny about this. The new Road Runner magazine (great motorcycle magazine imo) has an article with a guy setting up a 696 to go touring. He hooks his Garmin up and then goes to attach it to the battery. He doesn't have a manual, but he eventually gives up because he can't figure out how to get to the battery.

I know that doesn't answer your question, but if you've never been to your battery I'll just tell you it's the hardest battery by far I've ever had to get to on a motorcycle...I would assume the 1100 is the same. It's helpful to have a second person around.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I read the user manual on the monster 1100 on getting to the battery ... holy ****. They buried it.

If you can get the shop manual maybe you can locate a terminal block somewhere which is more accessible and try to tap into say the headlight circuit.

Word of warning ... throw out that garbage mount that came with the Garmin Zumo, and buy one from TechMount: http://www.techmounts.com/

1 - 4 of 4 Posts