Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Banned
7,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, it's finally time to clear out the boxes and boxes of parts I've accumulated. Prices do NOT include shipping from San Francisco. If you don't like a price listed, don't be offended. Just make an offer or tell me I'm off base. I'll post pics for some of the tastier pieces. SF MOB locals get first dibs.

Damper
1) (sale pending) Ohlins side-mount steering damper SD-154 (fits 02+ and probably 01 s4). $350 (retail $454)

Carbon Bits
These are the DP pieces (nice carbon weave).
1) DP carbon side panels—$100 (retail at approximately $150). I just waxed 'em --shiiinnnnyyy.
2) Shortened DP tail section—$100. Will sell for $75. (retail at approximately $225) Note: may require slight tail chop and has been modified by prior owner.
3) DP exhaust heelguards for old style, low pipes-- $100 Will sell for $75 (retail at approximately $150). Just waxed 'em.

Fender eliminator (no need for tail chop)—$25 (retails for $70)

OEM Body parts ('03 m1000)
1) OEM Handlebars--$10
2) M1000DS OEM belt covers– make an offer. These have the hole in 'em for the sparkplug.
3) m1000 bar ends (not the $2 plastic ones)—$20
4) Left and right stock rearsets (with rubber covered pegs); no levers–$30 each
5) Rear brake lever—$30
6) Shift lever -- $30
7) Stock exhaust—$50
8) m1000 seat—$75
9) Senna colored front fairing w/ windscreen--$100
10) Headlight bucket-- $30
11) Engine bolt--$20
12) Stock triple--$25
13) Rear hugger--$10
14) Sachs shock--$25
15) Shock linkage--$20

Free Bits
1) Slightly bent headlight bracket (dunno which side)
2) Left-hand side panel
3) Two sets of Mickey Mouse ears mirrors
4) Beer tray
5) Emissions junk
6) Stock heelguards (one is rashed and slightly bent)
7) Assorted reflectors, license plate holders, etc.

Cycle Cat
1) Entire Triple clamp/ Adjustable Clip-on Set-up. Silver w/ red fork cap covers. DBR-53 w/ DTC-7 and S-15 risers. Cosmetic Damage (bar end, riser). I'll get pics posted. Another bar end missing. You can live with the cosmetics or replace the bits. According to [email protected], it's $120 for replacement riser, $30 for replacement bar end. This is a great deal if you don't mind the cosmetic stuff. It's a good deal if you want to replace the coupla messed up bits. $400 for the whole set up. It's like $700 new.

2) Cycle Cat rearsets (DRS-13 in black)– Make an offer. You'll need to see pics for this. A coupla pieces on the right side are bent.
If you replace all the bent pieces individually, it'll probably cost more than buying them new (I'm checking with cyclecat on this). You can either use this for a project or spares or replacement parts. have a monster racebike, spares. There are three useable footpegs here, a straight ___, a slightly bent, but still very usable brake lever, a shift rod . . . .

3) An extra black, but bent (and beaten back into shape) cyclecat shift lever. $90 new. Make an offer.

4) Cycle Car Biposto Exhaust hangers (DEH-3?) in black. Right side is bent and needs a new footpeg. I'm checking with CC on replacement price. Make an offer.

5) Two Cycle Cat scuffed sliders with aluminum nuts. $25 for the pair or $15 each. Just get a new CC engine bolt and you have a set of sliders. I'll check on prices for the bolt.

·
Banned
7,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here are some pics.

1) Damper

2) Triple/clip-on set

3) A closer pic of damage to riser for clip-ons

4) Carbon side panels, tail piece, heel guards, and OEM windscreen.

·
Registered
19 Posts
You have PM re: stock seat

·
0 Posts
dibs on the emissions crap!!! [laugh]
<joking>

I'd like to take a look at the steering damper. I have the same frame as you ('02 750). You don't have any pics of it mounted do you?

·
Banned
7,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
pt33 said:
dibs on the emissions crap!!! [laugh]
<joking>

I'd like to take a look at the steering damper. I have the same frame as you ('02 750). You don't have any pics of it mounted do you?
I do somewhere and I know there are some floating around the DML. It's the purse-snatcher model (though some folks mount 'em backwards). Lemme look around.

·
Premium Member
3,128 Posts
PM on some Tail !

...BD

;D

·
Premium Member
6,906 Posts
If the hugger fits I could use one. It is a bit of a longshot, but just in case...

·
Banned
7,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Michael Moore said:
If the hugger fits I could use one. It is a bit of a longshot, but just in case...
Didn't we try that already with an '03 hugger? Let's give this a shot too, Michael, but I think we're going to run into the same problem. It's a 4 hole mounting. Course, we can drill it if necessary.

Bad Dog said:
PM on some Tail !
G, you've got a PM re the tail.

For everyone else, here is a pic of the CF tail. The prior owner did a hand-mod to it. The portion where the tail light mounts is a bit ghetto, but is completely covered by the tail light. There are also two holes (see pic) drilled to mount the license plate. It might require a minor tail chop to get it to fit over the frame. The prior owner of my bike (before I did a full tail chop), took an inch or so off the frame when she mounted the CF tail. You can compare it to a stock length beer tray below. Personally, I think the stock beer tray is too long. This is just about the perfect length, if you're not going to do a full tail chop and deal with the accompanying swamp ass.

·
Banned
7,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
People asked about the handlebars. They're not the Maguras. I just put a magnet on them and it stuck. So they're steel. They're a constant diameter and have spent some time outside, so there are some minor schmutz on some of the exposed parts (most of the stuff rubs off, but I haven't really cleaned 'em). I took 'em off as soon as I bought the bike, and they've been in storage since.

·
Premium Member
6,906 Posts
Spidey said:
Didn't we try that already with an '03 hugger? Let's give this a shot too, Michael, but I think we're going to run into the same problem. It's a 4 hole mounting. Course, we can drill it if necessary.
Eh, you're right of course. Mine is 3 holes. :-\

·
Banned
7,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Michael Moore said:
Eh, you're right of course. Mine is 3 holes. :-\
It's just a stock plastic one. If the two holes on the sides line up in the right place (cuz there's no place for them to be drilled elsewhere) and it's just a matter of the hole by the shock, we can make on of those. It's not like we'll be destroying a pristine blingy hugger or anything. [cheeky] OTOH, IIRC, we ran into trouble with the chain guide. Whatever -- let's give a shot. You've been wanting a hugger for your monster for-yever.

·
Banned
1,235 Posts
Interested in the CF beer tray.

pm me some quote shipped to 02143

thanks

Q

·
Premium Member
3,128 Posts
Spidey said:
G, you've got a PM re the tail.