Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdie [/tip hat]

We decided to do a bit of work to the garage. Starting with the floor.

The people that lived here before us had a leaky Jeep. Huge oil spots on the floor.

We picked up Quikrete (epoxy garage floor coating). Any one ever use this stuff before? Looks easy! but does it work? How about clear coat? I may clear coat it, going to see how it looks first.

The garage is 24x25. Also we are looking at more cabnets and storage. So far we have disassembled every thing. So it is a blank slate to work with.

Awhile back I bought some unfinished lower cabnits and a counter top. Prolly going build on that. (I for see a beer fridge in my future)

L8r

·
Registered
117 Posts
Re: Garage mod (input wanted)

I did my garage floor with UCOATIT product. It turned out looking nice but is quite slippery when wet so be sure to put down plenty of the abrasive in your mix. The floor coating is durable and resists fluids but warm car tires eventually caused the coating to breakdown my friend in the painting business called them hot spots and said unless you spring for an industrial product, very expensive, the do it yourself kits are the cheapest way to go.

[attachment deleted by admin]

·
Registered
1,907 Posts

Nice car Apexhntr!!!!

Lung....There was another fellow M-ROCer that asked the same thing. Not sure who that was, try doing a search....not sure if it was here or in the General Monster formum.... but if you want some assistance... I could come down to help...given the beer selection is good!!!

284 Posts

eye was growed up on durt flow-erz. they workz gud. no spot.s

seriously - cat litter works to remove oil deposits from concrete. they sell expensive stuff at the store, but it's just expensive cat litter. spread it out, grind it in with your shoes, sweep it up. let it set a day if the stain is really tough. there is concrete floor paint to cover anything remaining, and it will give your floor a decent finish, and fairly long lasting, as long as you don't plan on striking crude any time soon.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts

Wouldn't muriatic acid be something good to clean the concrete? My father uses this from time to time when he is asked to paint concrete floors indoors. I know that brink guys and concrete guys use it as well to clean things.

·
Registered
45,105 Posts

Uroplatus said:
Wouldn't muriatic acid be something good to clean the concrete? My father uses this from time to time when he is asked to paint concrete floors indoors. I know that brink guys and concrete guys use it as well to clean things.
I wouldn't think so. That's just dilute hydrochloric acid and while a good general cleaner, it shouldn't do **** to oil.

Dave

·
Registered
1,907 Posts

Thats what i was kind of thinking, but knew they used it a lot.

My sister in law is dating a guy who does concrete sealing... mainly block filler... I will ask him what he knows :)

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Uroplatus said:
Thats what i was kind of thinking, but knew they used it a lot.

My sister in law is dating a guy who does concrete sealing... mainly block filler... I will ask him what he knows :)
Kewl, thanks for the help.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Going to get started on the floor this comming or next weekend.

If you are serious about helping, I can pick up what ever kind of beer you want! And plan a date.

Kevin

·
Premium Member
431 Posts

APEXHNTR said:
I did my garage floor with UCOATIT product. It turned out looking nice but is quite slippery when wet so be sure to put down plenty of the abrasive in your mix. The floor coating is durable and resists fluids but warm car tires eventually caused the coating to breakdown my friend in the painting business called them hot spots and said unless you spring for an industrial product, very expensive, the do it yourself kits are the cheapest way to go.

I have seen APEXHNTER's garage in person......SWEEEET! Although, it was hard to pay attention to the floor coating because of all the toys parked on top of it. I do know it is not very soft, as I my chin came into contact with it several times! 8)

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

APEXHNTR

What can you tell me about the storage cabs, work bench, Material, etc..
You install them your self?

·
Registered
1,907 Posts

LuNg said:
Going to get started on the floor this comming or next weekend.

If you are serious about helping, I can pick up what ever kind of beer you want! And plan a date.

Kevin
Let me check with my better half and see what she has planned for the next couple of weekends...

·
Registered
117 Posts

The cabinets are from MODULINE. They are a bit more pricey than the stuff at Sears but can be custom fit. They have a website you might find interesting. It may not be in the catalog but Moduline can custom order SS tops to fit over the cabinets. Another cool idea is to put xenon lights under the upper cabinets to light your countertop.

http://www.modulinecabinets.com/index.html

BastardHK-hows the cromo?

[attachment deleted by admin]

·
Premium Member
431 Posts

APEXHNTR said:
BastardHK-hows the cromo?
Running great....6k done by Champion Yamaha/Ducati in Charleston. They did a great job. Chad bought a '01 750 Metallic. Its getting the 12k done in Charleston right now. Here is a link to what we were doing before Xmas. I think Chad (Bassmen999 on DML) and I will head up your way this spring. Lets plan a ride.

http://www.ducatimonster.org/smf/index.php?topic=67886.0

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Uroplatus said:
Let me check with my better half and see what she has planned for the next couple of weekends...

Got of work early today and some unforeseen help. Got the floor prepped today. Going to give it hell tomorrow and get it done. Thanks for offering to help. Your more than welcome to still come down when ever you want.

I'll post some pics after it drys.

·
Registered
117 Posts

Wow lipstick on the cromo tank-awsome-now I miss Charleston. Let me know when you guys come up to ride not sure you will find any sexy lipped honeys but there are allot of twisty roads. The S4RS is running well with TERMI's and a few other bling mods.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts

BastrdHK said:
Running great....6k done by Champion Yamaha/Ducati in Charleston. They did a great job. Chad bought a '01 750 Metallic. Its getting the 12k done in Charleston right now. Here is a link to what we were doing before Xmas. I think Chad (Bassmen999 on DML) and I will head up your way this spring. Lets plan a ride.

http://www.ducatimonster.org/smf/index.php?topic=67886.0

Cool.... I had some things pop up over the last 2 days thats pretty intense.. so i coun't make it this weekend....

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

Down time...
Beer budget blown already! [laugh] Let it rain!

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

Floor is done!!! [clap] [clap] [clap] [clap]

After 24hrs of drying time. Its not all the same color. Some light sections. Prolly should have mixed the paint better. But it is a HUGE improvement!

Now to get all my stuff back in, and cabinets/shelving next weekend!

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
umm.. figured out why its different colors! lmao.. It's not dry [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

1 - 20 of 22 Posts