Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #3
thanks. I tell you what, I just pulled my plugs, they were like gapped at .35 " !!! Had the 6K service done at Munroe in SF. Kinda pisses me off if they did not gap them properly !!

G

·
Discussion Starter #7
I am just using hte NGK equivalent. I htought that the gap should stay the same since the plug is identical.

G

·
Discussion Starter #9
thanks Chris !! I always thought you should regapp or check the gap of plugs based on what the spec calls for in the manual. Think I should regapp them to what hte plugs were gapped at ?

·
Premium Member
5,076 Posts
The old standby plug gap has always been about .032" (or the thickness of a match book cover), but if you want to get right down to it, the widest plug gap that your coils will fire will usually yeild the best results. See Chris, I'm trying to sell some of your Dyna coils!!

G

·
Discussion Starter #12
so what happens when you gap them too small ?

HEy Chris, do you make Dynacoils for the S4 ???

·
Premium Member
3,677 Posts
so what happens when you gap them too small ?
HEy Chris, do you make Dynacoils for the S4 ???
Bike can start misfiring... occasionally skipping a firing cycle.

Don't the S4's have the plug cap coils? That's assumed to be superior to conventional coils and plug wires, as there is no transmission lines (spark plug wires).

Right now, Dyna coils are only for carbureted Monsters and SSs. I may come up with something for EFI 2V monsters, as they use same crap coils as carby bikes.

:) Chris

1 - 13 of 13 Posts