Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:mad: Went to class at hunter from cooper (where I go to art school) I parked at my usual spot on 69th st right off Lex, and when I return from my hour long class, I see my bike, as I left it, only left mirror was bent in. Upon close inspection, I notice the ding in my tank got larger, my crg lever is bent and my suburban machinery bar feels a bit off. As you can imagine, I could kill someone! Anyone have a similar experience leaving their bike out in the city? I've considered getting an alarm, but what would that do? They'll just hit and run faster. :(

·
Premium Member
430 Posts
This is the second post that I have read tonight on parked bike getting hit (read the other thread in General Monster Forum). Is this something that happens often in the City? :mad:

·
Premium Member
2,326 Posts
I just read on another board I visit occassionaly. A poster saw 2 bikes blown over by the wind, a cruiser and a red duc monster. It was really windy late this afternoon, early evening. Location was not near Hunter though. yeah it was probably a car :mad:

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts
sonofthetis said:
:mad: Went to class at hunter from cooper (where I go to art school) I parked at my usual spot on 69th st right off Lex, and when I return from my hour long class, I see my bike, as I left it, only left mirror was bent in. Upon close inspection, I notice the ding in my tank got larger, my crg lever is bent and my suburban machinery bar feels a bit off. As you can imagine, I could kill someone! Anyone have a similar experience leaving their bike out in the city? I've considered getting an alarm, but what would that do? They'll just hit and run faster. :(
Sorry to hear that man!

·
Premium Member
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, sucks, just needed to vent. K I'm done bitching now, time to buy parts again. BTW car had 3-4ft on both sides to get out, I doubt he needed to back up at all. Oh wells :p

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
sorry to hear that.

park either in a garage or on the sidewalk and hope you dont get a ticket. either one is worth saving the expense of repairs, the aggravation and feeling of being violated.

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
Hey,
Sorry to hear about the knock over... its beyond a regular routine in NYC. If you park on the street your bike is going to get knocked over... its that simple. Just a question of when. Even on the sidewalks sometimes some jerkoff will knock it over cause he's drunk. The drivers of cars don't care and don't look. The best suggestion is park on the sidewalk and cover the bike... when its covered its personal property and they aren't supposed to be able to lift it to ticket you... and its more work than they are interested in usually. Both my bikes were knocked over on the street over the years and I don't do it anymore. The new Ducati will go garage...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts