Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
I just bought a pair of GRS boots. I've only used them once for 85 miles. Excellent ankle support, a little heavier than my Sidi Vertigos. Very comfy. I would recommend Gaerne.

Ara

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
My dad has a pair of Gaerne track boots similar looking to those...not sure which model though. I wore them once or twice. Nice boot for the $$, but I had a hard time w/ the buckles. Just getting them in the right grove, then to lock in place. Could be one of those things were once you've got the routine down its fine, but kinda a pain in the arse for me.

·
Premium Member
314 Posts
Gaerne is the best -- hands down. I have Gaerne supermoto boots for the track (not for the Ducati) and the comfort is unparalleled. I don't have these particular boots for the street but I am familiar with my offroad Gaerne boots and the buckles are easy to use. They easily can be adjusted for your size in seconds, then all you do is swing them over and clasp them in place. They really are comfortable boots. I have Oxtars which are all black, and for the street I didn't want to look like a racer, but I regret my Oxtars don't offer the same protection. I say get them, if you like how they look.

·
Banned
1,800 Posts
I have a pair. I absolutely love them. As a matter of fact, I am wearing them as I type this.

Seriously, I have had several pairs of boots over the past 4 years(before that I had a pair of Teknic Lightning boots that I absolutely LOVED) and I just kept getting rid of them until I found these. Very comfy to walk in(I have a walk up 3 flights of stairs and about 500 feet to the elevator to my floor and then another 350 feet or so to my desk) and have so far met all of my requirements for weather adaptability.

And as an added bonus, I got mine from a guy on the R6 list for $70 cause his gf got them for him and he said they were too big and had NO idea how much they cost new hehe.

Ryan

·
Banned
1,800 Posts
They squeak a LITTLE bit. Not bad at all. The ankle is pretty flexible considering it looks like it wouldn't be. I also wear my pants over my boots unless I wear my leathers and I have never had any issues either way. All in all, they are a very good all around boot. Not the protection of a Sidi Vertebra Corsa or something but definitely a good road and track day boot.

And there is plenty of room to work with the closure system. I have big calves(lots of pushing cars around as a teen for my brothers) and have never felt like they were too tight.

Hope this helps. The last pair of boots I had before these was a pair of Oxtars as well and they were very squeaky. Overall I am glad I went with these instead.

Ryan

1 - 9 of 9 Posts