1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
They are a good company. They look nice too, have you been able to try them on first?

Tanya

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I haven't. I stumbled upon them yesterday while poking around online. A few boys in the gear forum wear this brand and have nothing but good things to say about them. I guess I've been living in a box because the name was new to me :)

I liked them because they had a little bit of a heel, to help compansate for my 4'11" frame, and they looked like they had a good shape to them.

It's a toss up between the Gaernes I linked to above and the Sidi Jasmine Tepor.

·
Registered
85 Posts
It's been my experience that the heel doesn't help much unless you can already get most of your foot on the ground (which I can't on either of my bikes). Where added height helps is under the ball of the foot and toes. One option for that is the Daytona LadyStar, which has an internal insert that adds about 3/4" under the toes and 1 1/2" under the heel. You can't see any of this from the outside of the boot. They aren't cheap but they're very well made and durable.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I agree with the recommendation for the Sidi Jasmine Tepor Boots. Solid construction and they are super waterproof. I have worn them for the past 3 years and will buy another pair when they wear out...

I wrote a review here..

·
Registered
6 Posts
I love them...

When I was boot shopping I went to every motorcycle shop in town(Seattle) and tried on every boot I could find. These were the only thing I could find that felt really comfortable. I have quite high arches, and usually if I can fit my foot into a tall boot, it'll be too long. But the Gaerne's open up wide enough that I can get my foot into a proper size. They've been great, though they haven't taken a fall yet (and hopefully won't!). Some reviews of them I have read have said to be careful with the zippers, but I haven't had any problems. They've been fantastically comfortable and feel very stable when I've got my feet down at a stop, and the construction seems solid.

·
Registered
2 Posts
They rock! Waterproof, warm, and very comfortable. I have narrow feet with high arches so it took a while to find a pair that weren't too wide.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts