Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FZR400 – 1990 swingarm with spools; dual piston calipers; öhlins shock; suspension tuned by GP suspension; motor built by Mototecnica and dyno-tuned by A1 Cycle Specialties; frame, wheels, and swingarm measured and straightened by Dr. John; 2 seasons on engine; WSMC Top Rookie 2005; 500SS Champion 2006; two class lap records in 2006; this bike ran 1:31s at Willow as recently as November 2006.

Comes with a truckload of spares: several fairings, fairing stays, subframes, two engines, fork tubes, and boxes and boxes of smaller parts including clutches, etc. Located in Marina Del Rey, CA. Local pickup only. Asking $2,600.- for everything.

Wmsc595 *at* yahoo *dot* com

·
Banned
7,484 Posts
Nice, R! That makes me wanna race 400s.

A suggestion: if you haven't already, post up on BARF and the AFM website (www.afmracing.org). There are plenty of SoCalers (or people willing to drive). Careful, they'll yell at you on BARF if you don't first introduce yourself in the newbie section before you post.

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
Are you quitting racing for a while after that last get-off? I'm kinda bummed that you run t he same times on your 400 as I do on a modern 600, but that's probably why I didn't win a class championship.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Haha - well, I had intended to slow down a little bit for this year and maybe next anyway, then give the racing business another try in '08 or '09. My recent tumble only reinforced the notion that that idea might be a good one ;) I've won pretty much everything WSMC had to offer for the 400, it's time for another challenge. What do you think - 600s? Maybe a big twin? Maybe give it a really serious go and shoot for #1 overall? Dunno... and if it's any consolation, I'm only a few seconds faster on the 600 myself - certainly nothing to write home about. I'm looking at some serious pratice time if I want to play with the big dogs...

Spidey: thanks for the suggestion. I'll look into those forums.

-R.

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
RST said:
Haha - well, I had intended to slow down a little bit for this year and maybe next anyway, then give the racing business another try in '08 or '09. My recent tumble only reinforced the notion that that idea might be a good one ;) I've won pretty much everything WSMC had to offer for the 400, it's time for another challenge. What do you think - 600s? Maybe a big twin? Maybe give it a really serious go and shoot for #1 overall? Dunno... and if it's any consolation, I'm only a few seconds faster on the 600 myself - certainly nothing to write home about. I'm looking at some serious pratice time if I want to play with the big dogs...

Spidey: thanks for the suggestion. I'll look into those forums.

-R.
Honestly, I'd rather run the 1000 classes than the 600 these days. The grid sizes are huge and there are too many guys with more balls than brains in that class. Biggest problem with the 1000s is the tire wear issue though, they get expensive quick. Maybe try a big twin like Kenny did in 05, he seemed to do alright didn't he? That 1098 (if it is legal by then) would be one hell of a weapon.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Belle - I'm wmsc595 on that list. I posted my bike for sale there right before he posted his request. I'm assuming he's looking for something local.

Bike's still available. Somebody buy it before I have to race it another season ;D

-R.

·
Registered
3 Posts
IF A TRADE WOULD INTEREST YOU I HAVE A 1969 vw squareback with the windows welded up like a panel car, twelve point rollcage 4 wheel disc brakes & motor plate wih a 1994 mazda cosmos 13b twin turbo rotory motor shipped strait from Japan ($2,000) with a garret T49 turbo told that it will bring it to 500hp intercooler ect. ect.... If not soon i will pay you what you want I live In Humbolt. Im coming out of retirement ccs/nasb want youre bike & the other 400 in this list looking for a full light weight set up !
Aaron [email protected] bless

1 - 9 of 9 Posts