Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where is my fuse box? :embarassed: I have an '03 620 and can't find the dang thing anywhere. I even looked in the manual and searched here, but no cigar.

The real problem is that the brake light won't light up, so I want to check the fuses. While I'm at it... The tail light has two filaments, right? Should the running light be the longer one? I thought with these new kind you couldn't put them in backwards (posts on two different depths in the socket). Failing a bulb problem, how do I use a voltmeter to check my switches? The wires seem shrouded pretty well.

Thanks.

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
Fuse box is located under the ecu which is right next to the battery on your '03.

Tail light bulb is indeed a dual filament bulb (1157) and the filament length isn't necessarily an indicator of it's brightness.

It's most likely a burnt bulb.

Good luck w/this! [thumbsup]

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Duck-Stew said:
Fuse box is located under the ecu which is right next to the battery on your '03.

Tail light bulb is indeed a dual filament bulb (1157) and the filament length isn't necessarily an indicator of it's brightness.

Thanks for the location. I'll look for it tomorrow. When it's light out and I'm sober. [thumbsup]

Both filaments in the bulb appear intact. It's just that the longer one is lit for the running light, and the shorter one won't go on at all. I haven't messed with the wiring at all, otherwise I'd have thought it was a crosswired issue. :-\ I'll try a new bulb tomorrow and double check. Thanks.

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
You can't always see a break in the filament.

Check to make sure the brass contacts in the socket aren't bent.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Speeddog said:

+1 on that. I had to do that in addition to buying a new bulb, but the filament was obviously busted in my case.

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Speeddog said:

Duck-Stew said:

Dang, you called it. The filament was broken, but not very visible. Replaced it with an LED unit so that it can't vibrate itself to death on the chopped tail. Thanks.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Manny said:
Thanks for the location. I'll look for it tomorrow. When it's light out and I'm sober. [thumbsup]

Both filaments in the bulb appear intact. It's just that the longer one is lit for the running light, and the shorter one won't go on at all. I haven't messed with the wiring at all, otherwise I'd have thought it was a crosswired issue. :-\ I'll try a new bulb tomorrow and double check. Thanks.
1. absolutely check the fuse
2. do it all when sober

i say this from experience. i disobeyed both of those rules, resulting in a huge mess of wires.

the next day i checked the fuse :p

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.