Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple weeks ago we were riding and I thought I heard a funny noise coming from my Monster. We decided it was the car behind us.

Well, tonite when I started her, she made this clanking, metal on metal, kind of noise. But it only lasted a couple seconds.

When I got home ( all wet from the rain :p) I started her 2 more times, no noise either time. Any comments on what it might be, should I be concerned? :-/

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
Well, it's worth keeping an eye and ear on.

Sounds like it happens when the bike is completely cold?
Oil level up where it should be?
Are you starting it on the sidestand?
Keep an eye on the oil pressure light next time you start it, is the light on when it's clanking, then go out when it stops clanking?

R

·
0 Posts
yes more info please....in neutral and in gear it seems? Can you tell sorta where it is coming from?

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Started cold, on the side stand, in neutral. The oil level was low, just filled that this weekend. Oil light goes off right at start-up. I started her up this am,cold, everything sounded normal. I am riding to work, so I will keep an eye and ear on it!! Sounds like it is coming from the engine, it's hard to be more specific.

When we thought we heard something before it was on a ride and the bike was running and hot. But we can't say for sure it was my bike and not the car behind us, but we both heard it and it sounded like it was coming from my Monster.

V

·
0 Posts
My rear footpeg in it's UP position was clanking against the carbon fiber heel guards when the engine is cold.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts