Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ducatistas-------First Ride on thenew (to me) 750 monster and i believe itwas the mostfun of all the bikes i owned(40--50) ---including m900--sssp 900--888 superbike and F1. this is a 98 red with 8k--jacamo ducati performance carbon hi-pipes and the PO went to a 14 tooth CS and a 40 tooth rear sprocket-------I have no way of knowing how a stock one would feel but this one performs beautifully.!!! I like itbetter than the 900s as it feels so lite but has real good power all the way to 100(i stopped there). New set of Avons that felt really good.Granted it wont compete with my previous ZX9R--B12---RF900 etc but it is infinitely more fun and i think the "rush" is there up through the gears just because it is so visceral.-----the pipes are really superb!!------Rode 150 on sat and could have continued. Have a new seat coming----black basketweave,red welt and italian flag sewn in. check you later------remember ride safe ,but ,Ride---we only havetoday-----the kingfish

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
very cool... gearing is a little tall on the stock setup, so you got a head start with those sprocket mods. goin with the sargent seat? i've been eyeing one of those myself...

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think the gearing is spot on. I have no desire anymore to run top end ,but, really like the rush through the gears. Rode with guy on an 2000 SV650(piped and jetted) and since i owned one i know it is a strong little bike-----we went side by side to a 100 where i shut it down(had some left). I am really happy with the bike. MAGNUS,that is correct. ---a sargentseat. I had one on my 900sssp and loved it. It has the carrying tube under it and also pop out hooks for bungees. last Corbin i got the workmanship was poor and i have always felt sargent was a better seat(IMHO).What do you people think of the tires(Avon Azaro AV50SP) ??? I have never usedAvons before-------kingfish

·
Registered
4,928 Posts
How does the Sargent seat differ... >

. ---a sargentseat. I had one on my 900sssp and loved it. It has the carrying tube under it and also pop out hooks for bungees.
From the stock one? I was looking at their website and it looks like a nice seat. Is their "Atomic Foam" anything like the "Tempurpedic" foam those beds and pillows are made out of?
I got to thinking the other day that Tempurpedic foam would make an awesome bike seat.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Steve---the sargent seat IMO is a little softer from the git-go and not as sculpted as corbin---I like the plastic carryng tube under the seat and the hide away hooks for using bungees. Also sargents uses a basketweave that i really like. I dont believe corbin uses it anymore---corbin has gone to a CF material that i donot like. IF you go to ebay itemsfor ducati 750 monsters there is a dealer for sargents that advertises there. you can see seveal pics and the price is 274 bux --new. As to the material--?????? I got no idea. My mattress is made with that foam. queen size----1800 bux!!!!---but you are right ---It would probably make a heck of a nice seat!! best kingfish

1 - 6 of 6 Posts