Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stopped by the Tower Bar on Saturday, and veiwed the scene. Very fun, Ton up club doing burgers and chicken wings in the parking lot, along with vintage brit bikes, vintage Vespas and Lambrettas, and about 8 monsters.

The mods are more into the "scene" than their scooters, but their scooters make the scene. One of them did a mono wheeled entrance, his Vespa painted flat black (dark) with iron cross mirrors, red wheels and white walls. Too cool!

Met Mark C. at the Tower club, apparently he did the Zombie the night before as well. Good to meet you Mark! I met several other Monster riders there, and encouraged them to get on the board.

Thought I would see SoCal Sar there!

I had to leave early, and made my exit just as the scooters left. I was in the middle of a pack of 16 thirty five year old two strokes. Talk about black lung! Had to smile at the "scooter gang". A very funny reflection on the image the Harley riders attempt to project. ( Captain America on a Vespa?) Makes you want to get a scooter!

A Priller went off the side of a hill on the ride, over cooked a corner after passing several limey bikes. A Ton up'er said " I thought it was a bird flying over the cliff until I got up to the get off point". (!)

A completely unique event, well worth the look.

Thank you Ton up club!
Regards,
Rideon

·
Registered
150 Posts
I TALKED TO you briefly there by my black s4r i forgot to ask you how you liked the new icon gloves with the anodyzed knuckles-and where you got them since no shop down here has them in stock

matt and the 13 chopper guys seemed to have a blast on the ride and hangin out after at the tower. that coffin tank bike was definitely tricked out-he was tellin a story of havin to "tow" it to a gas station-only has a 2 gal tank

good to see a monster turnout Heard there were roughly 40 bikes on the ride out east to see the donkey

definitely have to try and get a socal monster ride together

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
HK:

Good to meet you at the Tower! Look forward to seeing you on a ride. It's still a little cold for my tastes as far as distance rides are concerned, however. As things warm up, I am sure we will hook up!

Your bike is awesome. The arrow exhuasts are incredible, you have very good taste! I would really like to talk to you sometime about Tuono VS S4r.

I bought the gloves from Kneedraggers.com. It took them 10 days to get them in, then another 7 days to ship them out here. I like the gloves fine. They have limited palm padding for cushing your palms, but seem very protective. "Feel" is quite good and they are warm for temperatures above 50. Most importantly, they have ultimate "bling" factor for upscale hooliganisim! ;) I ordered some leather pants from Kneedraggers as well, and that has become somewhat of a self induced nightmare. Because of their return/exchange policy, I spent a good deal of cash exchanging then returning some leather pants. Lesson learned: buy hard to fit items in a store!

Have a great week!!

Regards,
Rideon

1 - 3 of 3 Posts