Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a used full termi system and Im having trouble with installing the top (aka rear) manifold. I barely got the stock one off. No ideA if the mechanics have a special wrench but it took me forever. And then it took me another 15 minutes to just get it to clear the bolts. Super tight.

Anyway the bigger termi isn't going in no way no how without taking off that height adjustment rod thing. I had no instructions and even less skills and I ended up stripping that big Allen screw. Must have been put in with locktight.

Anyway I heArd someone say I should hoist the bike up but just lifting it does nothing but lift the tire off the ground so I'm not sure how thAt might help. Also thought maybe if I loosened that ride height maybe it would change the geometry in there? It looks tight as possible/ I'm short. Maybe leave that stripped bolt for a rainy day if I could figure out another way. I'm putting a round peg in a square hole. What's wrong here?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok got it... You have to just adjust the ride height then you get enough space to easily put it in.

.... Now let's hope I never have to take that rod out because it looks like a fun filled Saturday with a 6 pack and an easy out.

Anyway if you ever find yourself in my spot just adjust ride height and save yourself some time.

Also buy yourself some wratchet wrenches that have an articulating head on them. Might save you lots of time. You have very little space otherwise. 1/6 turn is about all you get otherwise.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts